Head of Quality
Date: May 12, 2017
Location: Changchun, Jilin, CN
Job Content Specifications
Purpose of the job
The Head of Quality defines the Quality vision for their business area, in line with the BT Quality strategy, BT’s Quality Policy, and overall business objectives and deploy this vision through a compelling, sound and integrated action plan.
They build a strong team, with people of the right skills and ensures that all Quality processes, methods and tools are updated to the business needs, implemented and followed rigorously.
Has management responsibilities (Strategy, budget, people and team development …) and ensures that certifications are managed correctly.
The Head of Quality always ensures that the basics are in place (quality awareness, processes, methods, tools, and people) and continuously drives to improve and challenge the status quo. They create an atmosphere in the true sense of a quality culture which they drive in all functions, leading by example.
Is always curious, positive, supportive, non-judgmental with a passion to improve, reliable, trustful, communicative and convincing. Has a strong quality mindset and is action oriented.
Definition of Quality vision and translation into an action plan
Implementation of Quality processes, Methods and Tools and follow up
Responsibility for management of Quality Strategy, budget, people and team development,
Management of certifications and related customer and regulatory implications
Knowledge of the Business
Area & Nature of Impact
Extensive exposure to several disciplines within the business environment and strong knowledge about how their processes and resources interact with other disciplines and sub-functions. Contributes towards improvements in processes & flows (e.g. Value Chain, Supply Chain, Risk Chain) and has good commercial awareness.
The impact of the role is across all areas and functions with a direct impact on their performance measured in terms of product reliability, customer satisfaction and Non Compliance Cost.
Supports identifying causes of deviation for selected outcomes by using complex problem solving techniques (such as 8D, DMAIC, Kneper-Tregoe) or/and by developing new techniques and approaches.
Develops actions to improve process performance by using standard Causal Analysis and Resolution Tools or/and developing new techniques, processes and workflows which influence future policy formation.
Leadership – Management or Technical
Interpersonal & Communications Skills
Additional Information and Elements to consider
☒ Management/ Supervisory
Focus on Team Management
(incl. project managers)
Demonstrates strong communication and influencing skills and the ability to advise, coach, motivate, convince others and lead changes. He must be able to communicate in an effective way complex concepts at different levels in the organisation.
Has management responsibilities (including budget, people and team development and functional strategy …) ensures that certifications are managed correctly and challenges the status quo
Internal and external contacts of the position holder and their hierarchical level:
Qualifications & Functional Knowledge
· Degree qualification of equivalent
Relevant experience required (i.e. directly linked to the requirements of the position/role)
· Typically 5 - 8 years of experience in a relevant role
· Typically 10 - 15 years of work experience, preferably in a multinational project environment.
· Extensive knowledge of Quality and Improvement processes and methods
· Extensive knowledge of IRIS, ISO and other applicable quality standards relevant to the function/project.
· Extensive knowledge of Quality tools (problem solving, 8D, FMEA, …)
· Management of a department with all associated responsibilities (budget, people, …)
· Expert at influencing the management team with quality mindset.
· Customer and results oriented.
Specialized or cross-functional knowledge / relevant experience required by the position/role
· Demonstrates strong communication and influencing skills and the ability to guide, advise, influence, coach, motivate and convince others and lead changes. He must be able to communicate in an effective way complex concepts at different levels in the organisation.
· Responsible for growth and development of direct reports, including performance reviews, pay decisions, recruitment, discipline, termination and other personnel actions.
· Advanced Leadership skills in change management; managerial courage
· Adapts plans and priorities to address resource and operational challenges.
· Directly manages one or more directly affiliated teams of professionals, managers, supervisors and all associated cross functional Quality related resources
Competencies from A being the lowest to E being the highest level
Drive for Results
Holding People Accountable
Technical skills from A being the lowest to E being the highest level
Risk and Opportunities
Conformity, NCR and NCC Management
Business Process Management
Audits and Assessment Management
essential for the job
beneficial for the job
French and / or German
insignificant for the job
Unless is country local language
Job: Quality Manager
Primary Location: CN-Jilin-Changchun
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 15.03.2017, 3:01:50 AM
31.05.2017, 9:59:00 AM
Job Segment: Law, Supply, Compliance, Supply Chain, Quality, Legal, Operations