Engineering Professional, Industrial Designer
Date: Apr 20, 2014
Location Dorval, Montreal, CA
the evolution of mobility
At Bombardier Aerospace, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we'll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
You will join an Industrial Design team focusing on the design and development of aircraft interiors. We are seeking a multi-disciplinary candidate who brings expertise in Interior Design and materials trim and finish development, combined with high-level 3D CAD modeling experience. We want you to bring passion, technical competence, and attention to detail to help us realize our vision.
In your role, you will:
- Be highly skilled in 3D form development and interpreting sketch and 2D concepts to create 3D CAD (Rhinoceros and Alias are the primary tools);
- Be adept at combining technical requirements with form giving in collaboration with Industrial Design and Engineering teams to ensure that our design innovation is fully realized in CAD;
- Be responsible for generating and managing final CAD output and transferring these to other formats;
- Collaborate with the interior design teams by conducting research into design influences from aviation interiors, fashion, art, architecture, luxury goods and other relevant fields;
- Synthesize these influences through trend boards, design briefs and presentations that will be used to guide the development of details, materials, and aesthetic variability throughout the aircraft cabin;
- Be responsible for investigating current and future materials, finishes, cabin hardware and accessories, manufacturing processes with the aim of extending our knowledge beyond what is currently available to help us be the industry leader in materials innovation;
- Collaborate in the testing and prototyping of these materials and processes as required.
As our ideal candidate,
- You possess a Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design, Interior Design, or equivalent education;
- You have a minimum of three (3) to eight (8) years design experience (Transportation design is an asset);
- You have experience in transportation interior design, with a focus on materials development, trim and finish design;
- You have a high level expertise in 3D surface modelling (Rhinoceros and/or Ailas) (critical);
- You have strong ability in 3D rendering and lighting in V-Ray;
- You have good Knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign;
- You have knowledge of AutoCAD, Catia V5, 3dsMax software - an asset;
- You are available to travel periodically;
- You are bilingual (French and English), oral and written;
- You are motivated by challenge and a drive for results, bringing a strong technical aptitude, knowledge of manufacturing processes, and a good overall problem-solving approach;
- You are flexible and creative in removing roadblocks and looking for creative ways to overcome challenges, and can maintain a strong design vision through long-term projects;
- You should have a portfolio that demonstrates your 3D/CAD and Interior design skill-set.
- This is a permanent position and is located in Dorval
- This a 40 hours per week dayshift.
- Salary range : 64,000$ - 76,000$
- Benefits: Medical, Dental, Pension plan
Bombardier Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.
Whether your candidacy is moving on to the next step of the hiring process or not, we will keep you informed by email or with a phone. Join us at careers.bombardier.com
Your ideas move people.
Job: Industrial Design
Primary Location: CA-QC-Montreal - Dorval
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 07.04.2014, 7:45:49 AM
Job Segment: Industrial Design, Industrial, CAD, Drafting, Engineer, Manufacturing, Engineering