Project Manager / Program Manager
Date: Feb 17, 2014
Location: Dorval, Montreal, CA
the evolution of mobility
At Bombardier Aerospace, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
Your future is yours to define. As one of our employees, you’re not just someone who works here… you’re one of the people who drives our success. That’s why we’re committed to attracting and retaining the right talent by providing an environment to develop a fulfilling career at Bombardier.
We’re a global organization with a diverse workforce – more than 100 nationalities speaking 25 languages – and our ears are always open to fresh ideas from our employees that align with our core values of integrity, commitment to excellence, customer orientation and shareholder focus.
Winners of the prestigious Randstad Award - A program that represents the “People’s Choice”.
- Please note that this posting is to generate a pool of candidates *
Project Manager / Program Manager – Come join a leader in the Aerospace Industry!
(Job openings are available in Mirabel, Saint-Laurent and Dorval)
The role of the Project Manager is to coordinate internal and external activities between functions. Your daily tasks will include proactive leadership in problem resolution, tracking of product development tasks, actions and deliverables, coordinating and communicating tasks between the work packages, the suppliers and other functions.
The role of the Program Manager is to coordinate internal and external activities between functions. Ensure governance integration, communication, evaluation and execution of various elements of the programs in accordance with the program strategy (includes customer requirements, quality and business case requirements) and schedule. In addition, you will be required to develop and implement control mechanisms to capture costs (labour, material and other direct costs), and monitor project performance along with commercial negotiation mandates with external vendors. You will also conduct special case studies (ie. financial impacts, projections, scheduling) and prepare prioritized recommendations.
As a Project Manager / Program Manager you may be required to:
- Be responsible for the coordination of cross-functional teams to facilitate completion of the master plan, within established budgets and schedules.
- Build a detailed and technical schedule for various projects
- Be responsible for coordinating the identification, management and mitigation of risks as well as the coordination of product change.
- Be responsible for facilitating the problem solving teams, ensuring the involvement of all stakeholders (internal & external suppliers, customers) and getting efficient resolution.
- Promote application of approved engineering standards, processes and procedures using various tools such as Microsoft office (word, excel, PowerPoint, and project).
- Prepare and present visibility reports for the various levels of the organization and complete the project management deliverables as assigned.
- Ensure open communication and easy circulation of deliverables
- Resource allocation and forecasting
- Prepare and approve Engineering Statement Of Work
As our ideal candidate,
- You have an Engineering Bachelor`s degree or equivalent.
- You have a minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience in project / program management or equivalent.
- You are proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project).
- You must be fluent in English and/or French, written and spoken.
- You have good analytical skills, planning, problem solving, and good interpersonal skills.
- You must have a sense of organization, time management and you demonstrate autonomy.
- You have demonstrated strong communication abilities, are results oriented and a team player.
- You have experience in an aerospace manufacturing company (strong asset)
- You have your PMP certification (an asset)
- You have a Master’s degree (an asset)
Whether your candidacy is moving on to the next step in the hiring process or not, we will keep you informed by email or by phone.
Thinking about a career at Bombardier Aerospace? Take a look to see how we think. It’s all about Collaboration, Community, Partnership, Commitment, Excellence, Vision, Ingenuity, Corporate Social Responsibility, Performance and more!
Bombardier Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.
Your ideas move people.
Job: Project/Program Management
Primary Location: CA-QC-Montreal - Dorval
Other Locations:CA-QC-Mirabel, CA-QC-Montreal St. Laurent
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 22.11.2013, 10:26:45 AM
Job Segments: Project Manager, Program Manager, Engineer, Product Development, Manager, Technology, Management, Engineering, Research