Senior Product Planning Engineer - Be proactive and apply today!
Date: Jun 19, 2013
Location: Dorval, Montreal, CA
Bombardier is recruiting for its immediate and future needs for "Product Planning Engineer", to be part of our Bombardier Aerospace community.
Job openings are available in the various Montreal areas, such as Saint-Laurent and Dorval.
Be proactive and come on board!
As a Senior Associate to the Product Planning Manager, you will support or act as a principle delegate of the Product Planning Manager in his/her mandate to maximize the profits of the product portfolio over time and align product design with market needs. You will work closely with the Directors and Senior Management across the organization on a regular basis.
Activities include but are not limited to:
- Lead in the identification and justification of technology insertion benefits for product evolution to surpass competitors based on sustained in depth understanding of competitor's strengths and weaknesses, market trends and emerging aviation technologies characteristics & operational impacts.
- Lead large scale more complex development projects (may include cross platforms projects), coach others in managing their assigned projects and conduct miscellaneous tasks assigned by Product Planning Manager.
- Lead in the development of strategies for future products to maintain the targeted market segment lead and/or to grow the product into new segments.
- Lead in the development of five-year strategic plans annually for sustaining products, in-line with overall product portfolio strategy including market analysis, competitive analysis, product options pricing and product innovation roadmaps.
- Lead effective completion and overall continuous improvement of annual sales reference documents and other product Planning Deliverables (i.e. marketing requirement & objectives) throughout the Product Planning & aircraft product development business cycles.
- Lead significant Product Planning support activities in complex/larger aircraft development programs.
- Provide training and coach others to give training to key Sales related disciplines on changes done each year in the Sales Reference Documents.
- Lead and conduct customer feedback activities such as through focus groups, trade-shows, surveys and advisory councils to design better aircraft.
- Lead in conducting Product Planning activities related to marketing and new product launch. Responsible for development and communication of key product messages to the market place.
- Lead in conducting sales & marketing support activities to increase product awareness. This may include but it is not limited to review and approval of technical product information for media relations, publications, press releases, websites and various internal functions.
- Coach and contribute to the development of more junior Product Planning Analysts in their daily product planning tasks and responsibilities.
- Act as the gate keeper of product information accuracy and completeness.
The ideal candidate meets these requirements:
- University degree in engineering preferably mechanical, electrical or aerospace. MBA is a definite asset, completed or ongoing.
- Minimum of three (3) to five (5) years experience in aerospace with some experience in product management.
- Solid understanding of aircraft performance and systems is required.
- Good knowledge of marketing and market analysis aspects of product management is required.
- In-depth knowledge of the aviation industry, particularly business jets is required.
- Must have strong oral and written English communications skills and functional French communication skills are desired.
- Autonomous and highly capable to manage any initiatives of a technical, financial, marketing and general business nature.
- Must possess strong customer focus, leadership, coaching, strategic mindset, persuasion, business & financial acumen, corporate agility, professionalism and perseverance abilities.
- Must be self-starter with acquired credibility capable of influencing stakeholders' decisions even at the senior management level.
- Must be able to travel sporadically (15%)
- Knowledge of the following software:
- MS Excel (advanced formulas, charts, pivot tables, macros, links)
- MS PowerPoint (presentation, animation, charts, tables, links)
- MS Word (formatting, insertions, tables, change tracking)
- Basic knowledge of the following software:
- MS Project
Does your vision of the future include the challenges that Bombardier can offer you? If so, come join our team!
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Bombardier Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.
Primary Location: CA-QC-Montreal - Dorval
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 13.07.2011, 8:44:40 AM
Job Segments: Engineer, Product Development, Electrical, Aerospace, Aerospace Engineering, Engineering, Research, Aviation