Acoustics & Vibration Engineering Professional
Date: Dec 15, 2014
Location: Downsview, Toronto, CA
the evolution of mobility
At Bombardier Aerospace, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
The Acoustic & Vibration Group is designated as the “Center of Excellence” for noise and vibration control at Bombardier Aerospace. The group’s mandate is to provide interior cabin noise assessments and exterior noise certification for aircraft under development and in production. This is a full time permanent position with benefits, based out of our Toronto office. (123 Garratt Blvd. Toronto, Ontario, Canada)
The candidate will be principally involved in the development of vibro-acoustic models using the Statistical Energy Analysis (SEA) method. The candidate will be asked to evaluate cabin noise for new aircraft designs, perform strategic technology projects related to cabin noise, and troubleshoot aircraft in production and in service.
The salary range is $80,000 - $95,000.00
In your role, you will:
- Study noise and vibration problems, and develop solutions on production and new aircraft designs.
- Investigate system noise problems.
- Develop vibro-acoustic models of aircraft using Statistical Energy Analysis and Finite Element Analysis.
- Model and test the Optimization of passive insulation treatments in the interior design..
- Use and develop numerical tools to elaborate design solutions for future aircraft development.
- Participate in acoustics and vibration testing, on ground and in flight and analyze the data
- Produce cabin noise and vibration surveys and reports while interacting with in-house technical groups and external vendors
As our ideal candidate,
- You should have a Master degree in Acoustics and Vibration engineering.
- You have experience in aerospace or with transportation vehicles is an asset.
- You should have a minimum of 8 years of experience in the following area:
- You are able to work Autonomous with Statistical Energy Analysis (SEA).
- You have Knowledge of modeling with Finite Elements (FEM), Boundary Elements (BEM)
- You have Acoustics and vibration theoretical fundamentals and Acoustics and vibration testing and analysis procedures.
- You possess good interpersonal skills as well as good written and oral communication skills.
- You must be available to travel on short term assignments.
- You have experience of the following platforms is an asset: Equipment: Bruel & Kjaer, LMS, and Head Acoustics
- You are familiar with Software: Matlab, Nastran, Virtual Lab
Bombardier Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.
Whether your candidacy is moving on to the next step of the hiring process or not, we will keep you informed by email or by phone. Join us at careers.bombardier.com
Your ideas move people.
Primary Location: CA-ON-Toronto - Downsview
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 24.06.2014, 2:32:08 PM
Job Segment: Engineer, Aerospace Engineering, Aerospace, Testing, Interior Designer, Engineering, Aviation, Technology, Creative