Date: Sep 17, 2013
Location: Downsview, Toronto, CA
the evolution of mobility
At Bombardier, our employees work together to evolve mobility
- one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we'll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or
customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
The Q400 Completions Product Development team in Toronto has an immediate opening for an Intermediate Design Engineer. The position is located in Toronto, Canada.
The Q400 program has nearly 450 aircraft flying in over forty different countries with over forty operators. This is your chance to join a well established team of highly experienced professionals developing new designs for tomorrow’s turboprop aircraft.
In your role, you will:
- Creation and review of source control drawings, installation drawings, detail drawings, layouts and Catia V5 models
- Coordinating design activities and technical compliance of interior components with internal/external partner/suppliers
- Managing the involvement of procurement, manufacturing, flight/ground test and customer engineering
- Prepare design studies for Anthropometric & Ergonomic analysis where required.
- Change management, project management and scheduling
- Supply input to impact analysis. (technical, cost, schedule).
- Support other engineering and operations departments.
- Problem Solving
- Provide work status for project and functional management.
- Implementation of AES and Continuous Improvement.
- Providing manufacturing, certification, in-service and flight test support pertaining to Interiors
- Representing the Interiors function at design and program reviews internally and with partners/suppliers.
As our ideal candidate,
- You have in-depth knowledge of aircraft Design and Interiors and Installation. Preliminary layout, part optimizing, design for manufacturing, detail design (sheet metal, machined parts, composite panels, interiors systems), corrosion prevention, materials, certification requirements, occupant safety, weight optimization, drafting procedures and standards.
- You are able to travel internationally on short-notice occasionally.
- You have excellent CATIA V5 and MS Office skills.
- You have some working knowledge of Catia V4
- You have a solid understanding and capability in management of projects
- You have solid communication and presentation skills You have a university degree in mechanical or aerospace engineering and minimum seven years of aerospace experience in Interiors or Aircraft Design
Bombardier Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.
Whether your candidacy is moving on to the next step of the hiring process or not, we will keep you informed by email or by phone. Join us at careers.bombardier.com
Your ideas move people.
Primary Location: CA-ON-Toronto - Downsview
Employee Status: Temporary
Job Posting: 07.11.2013, 2:29:02 PM
Job Segments: Engineer, Design Engineer, Temporary, Drafting, Product Development, Engineering, Contract, Research