Engineering Professional - Design
Date: Apr 24, 2013
Location: Downsview, Toronto, CA
the evolution of mobility
At Bombardier Aerospace, 33,600 employees in 25 countries work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we'll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
We are seeking individuals to join a dynamic Engineering team responsible for new, challenging product development. We have an immediate need for Intermediate Design Engineers within Toronto Aerostructures Engineering. These positions are located in Toronto, Canada.
In your role, you will:
- Collaborate within an IPDT environment during the challenging and exciting stages of conceptual development through to product certification and entry into service.
- Integrate the requirements and inputs from various Engineering Specialists, Customer Engineering, Manufacturing, Procurement, to develop optimum structural arrangements that meet or exceed customer requirements in terms of weight, cost, structural integrity, durability and maintainability
- Perform design studies including, tolerance analysis, kinematic analysis, ergonomic analysis, preliminary sizing, materials selection, weights evaluations, etc.
- Prepare structural layouts, detail drawings/digital datasets, technical requirements documents and design specifications.
- Develop knowledge and awareness of technology developments related to airframe structures
- Directly support design reviews through the preparation of reports and presentation materials
- Support the development / revision of design standards and best practices
- Provide technical guidance to junior team members.
As our ideal candidate,
- You have a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Aeronautical or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university
- You have a minimum of 4 years of experience in airframe primary and secondary structural design including systems installations,
- You are familiar with airframe configuration development, loads, stress analysis, materials, manufacturing processes, tooling concepts and structural in-service requirements.
- You have working knowledge of CATIA V4 / V5 is required.
- You are familiar with civil aircraft certification rules and experience in certification procedures.
- You have good communication and inter-personal skills
Bombardier Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.
Whether your candidacy is moving on to the next step of the hiring process or not, we will keep you informed by email or by phone. Join us at careers.bombardier.com
Your ideas move people.
Job: CAD Draftsman/Design
Primary Location: CA-ON-Toronto - Downsview
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 14.12.2012, 8:28:08 AM
Job Segments: Engineer, Design Engineer, CAD, Drafting, Aeronautical Engineering, Engineering