Engineering Specialist - Design Engineering
Date: Jul 4, 2014
Location: Downsview, Toronto, CA
the evolution of mobility
At Bombardier Aerospace our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide. If you have a good idea, we'll provide the environment where it will grow into a great product or an exceptional customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
We are seeking individuals to join a dynamic Engineering team responsible for new, challenging product development. We have an immediate need for Senior Design Engineers within Toronto Aerostructures Engineering. Reporting to the Chief of Structures, you will lead a team of Structural Designers and Engineers responsible for the conceptual development and detailed design of major structural components and associated systems installations. These positions are located in Toronto, Canada.
In your role you will:
- Provide guidance within an IPDT environment during the challenging and exciting stages of conceptual development through to product certification and entry into service.
- Integrate and coordinate the activities of junior and intermediate designers to develop optimum structural arrangements that meet or exceed customer requirements in terms of weight, cost, structural integrity, durability and maintainability.
- Integrate the requirements and inputs from various Engineering Specialists, Customer Engineering, Manufacturing, Procurement, etc. into optimum structural designs
- Participate directly in configuration decisions and engineering technical reviews.
- Lead design studies including, tolerance analysis, kinematics analysis, ergonomic analysis, preliminary sizing, materials selection, weights evaluations, etc..
- Provide coaching / mentoring to junior and intermediate team members
- Prepare / review structural layouts, detail drawings/digital datasets, technical requirements documents and design specifications.
- Maintain knowledge and awareness of technology developments related to airframe structures
- Directly Support the development / revision of design standards and best practices
As our ideal candidate,
- You have a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Aeronautical or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university
- You have a minimum of 8 years of experience in airframe primary and secondary structural design including systems installations,
- You have good understanding of airframe configuration development, loads, stress analysis, materials, manufacturing processes, tooling concepts and structural in-service requirements.
- You have working knowledge of CATIA V4 / V5 is required.
- You have understanding of civil aircraft certification rules and experience in certification procedures.
- You have good communication and inter-personal skills
Bombardier Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.
Whether your candidacy is moving on to the next step of the hiring process or not, we will keep you informed by email or by phone. Join us at careers.bombardier.com
Your ideas move people.
Job: CAD Draftsman/Design
Primary Location: CA-ON-Toronto - Downsview
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 07.11.2013, 2:54:00 PM
Job Segment: Design Engineer, Engineer, Aeronautical Engineering, CAD, Drafting, Engineering