Line Manager Operations - MIDNIGHTS
Date: Oct 9, 2013
Location: Downsview, Toronto, CA
the evolution of mobility
At Bombardier Aerospace our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide.
If you have a good idea, we'll provide the environment where it will grow into a great product or an exceptional customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
In your role, you will:
- Achieve the required Operations Unit performance by supporting and implementing the operating plan ensuring adherence to quality, cost and schedule.
- Plan, implement and control functional activities in order to achieve the Operations Unit targets.
- Coach/develop and provide feedback to employees and address their issues.
- Ensure that all team members understand their role and performance in achieving the Operations Unit plan.
- Utilize Six Sigma/Blitz to ensure best practice in both quality and cost for Operations Unit deliverables.
- Maintain housekeeping standards to ensure a safe working environment.
- Ensure functional role is integrated into Operations Unit resulting in a one-team approach.
- Ensure the right resources are available to meet projected workload delivery on quality, cost and schedule.
- Maintain an equitable work environment
As our ideal candidate,
- You must possess post-secondary degree/diploma in technical discipline is preferred.
- You must have in depth knowledge and experience in budgeting control; manufacturing and scheduling.
- You must have in depth knowledge of the Collective Agreement.
- You must be flexible and able to work various shifts, including weekends.
- You must possess the following: ethics, integrity and honesty; respect for others; cooperation; motivation to get things done; ability to express ideas logically and coherently; positive attitude; ability to overcome obstacles; assumes full responsibility; utilizes the appropriate resources to solve day-to-day problems; reacts quickly to unforeseen events.
- You may be required to work rotating shifts
Bombardier Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.
Whether your candidacy is moving on to the next step of the hiring process or not, we will keep you informed by email or by phone. Join us at careers.bombardier.com
Your ideas move people.
Previous applicants do not need to re-apply
Job: Production Management
Primary Location: CA-ON-Toronto - Downsview
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 07.11.2013, 1:57:32 PM
Job Segments: Operations Manager, Operations, Manager, Change Management, Six Sigma, Management