Logistics Project Analyst
Date: Nov 1, 2013
Location: Downsview, Toronto, CA
the evolution of mobility
At Bombardier Aerospace, 33,600 employees in 25 countries work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
We have an immediate opening for a logistics special projects coordinator reporting directly to the manager of Logistics for the Global 7000/8000 Program in Toronto. This position requires a focused individual who will play a key role in meeting our goals and objectives.
In your role, you will:
- Develop a strategic business case approach to logistics strategies around lean warehousing practices.
- Work closely with the Logistics management Team to create and implement a Business Improvement Plan to enable the creation of standardized processes;
- Identify opportunity areas to implement Lean Manufacturing methodologies by using effectively the logistics tools and methods (e.g. value stream mapping, transportation planning, operational activities)
- Participates in improvement projects meetings where business requirements are developed.
- Develop a network of internal and external contacts to support information-gathering and analysis
- Prepare and distribute status of project reports to senior management;
- Prepare and make oral and written presentations on results and recommendations.
- Organize and lead group meetings and workshops.
- Identify process improvement opportunities and share best practices
- Develop & support the implementation of new design concepts of logistics assets.
As our ideal candidate:
- You have a University degree, or in the process of obtaining your University degree, in Logistics and Supply Chain Management, in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent;
- You are proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Project and Excel
- You have basic understanding of ERP solutions (SAP a plus)
- You have excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- You are flexible to travel as needed.
Bombardier Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.
Whether your candidacy is moving on to the next step of the hiring process or not, we will keep you informed by email or by phone. Join us at careers.bombardier.com
Your ideas move people.
Job: Project/Program Management
Primary Location: CA-ON-Toronto - Downsview
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 01.11.2013, 10:25:16 AM
Job Segments: Logistics, Engineer, ERP, Program Manager, Supply, Operations, Engineering, Technology, Management