Principal Engineering Specialist, EMC/Avionics/Electrical
Date: Apr 8, 2014
Location Downsview, Toronto, CA
the evolution of mobility
At Bombardier, our employees work together to evolve mobility
- one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we'll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or
customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
There is an immediate opening in the Q400 Product Engineering Department for a Principle Engineering Specialist – EMC /HIRF /Lighting. This position will require you to co-ordinate all technical aspects of assigned design projects, provide technical support to the production line, and to assist Customer Support with resolution of in-service problems and customer requests. We are looking for an assertive, knowledgeable individual, with good leadership abilities. Responsibilities will include:
In your role, you will:
- Review and approve design documents such as vendor drawings, test procedures, qualification reports and certification documents
- Prepare / define system specifications and requirements
- Prepare technical reports to show compliance to the applicable certification requirements
- Coordinate investigation and corrective action of specific in-service problems involving various systems and components and any continuing airworthiness issues
- Providing technical solutions to the field and production lines
- Supervise / coordinate the work and mentoring of less experienced Engineers
As our ideal candidate,
- You hold a Bachelor or Masters of Engineering Degree or equivalent and eligibility for Professional Engineer registration.
- You have over 13 years of relevant Engineering experience
- You are conversant with design, qualification and certification test requirements of aircraft EMC /HIRF /Lightning
- You are familiar with certification requirements and advisory material.
- Working relationship with TC, EASA or FAA and eligible for DAD / DAR status preferred.
- You possess strong integration skills, in both system partner management and system technical integration
- You are familiar with Microsoft Office software tools
- You possees strong communication skills
- You have the ability to work well in a team environment.
- The position may require travel to Flight Test, Vendor or Operator sites.
Bombardier Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.
Whether your candidacy is moving on to the next step of the hiring process or not, we will keep you informed by email or by phone. Join us at careers.bombardier.com
Your ideas move people.
Job: Electrical/Electronics Engineering
Primary Location: CA-ON-Toronto - Downsview
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 07.11.2013, 3:18:00 PM
Job Segment: Engineer, Electrical, Electrical Engineering, Industrial, Testing, Engineering, Manufacturing, Technology