Problem Solving Specialist
Date: Oct 9, 2013
Location: Downsview, Toronto, CA
the evolution of mobility
At Bombardier, our employees work together to evolve mobility
- one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we'll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or
customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
We have an immediate opening in the Global Quality Department for a Problem Solving Specialist. This Role requires individuals to play a leading role in the deployment and maintenance of a holistic Problem Solving system including: facilitating complex Problem Solving and Decision Making; coaching/training and mentoring Problem Solving and Decision Making; and participation in continuous improvement of the Quality System.
In your role you will:
- Facilitate advanced Problem Solving within the Global Express Assembly area, while Training, Coaching, and mentoring others with less experience in Problem Solving methodologies.
- Assist with development/Improvement of Training Materials for Problem Solving.
- Ability to utilize various Problem Solving Methodologies as appropriate for the situation.
- Facilitate Structured Decision Making related to Problem Solving applying exceptional Risk Management skills.
- Recommend new processes/tools/applications and how to implement.
- Use a wide variety of problem solving skills and demonstrate initiative and independent judgment regarding resolving problems and analyzing data.
- Work on problems of diverse scope; apply knowledge to highly complex problems; able to manage non-standard tasks/queries.
- Develop new and innovative Processes and Tools to meet emerging needs and enable Continuous Improvement.
- Support the andon team to quickly resolve high impact manufacturing issues.
- May act on an interim basis as the Technical Lead for a cross functional Project or Initiative including planning, managing workload, assigning tasks, and assuming responsibility for schedule and adherence.
As our ideal candidate,
- You possess an Engineering Degree and/or Technical Diploma in relevant field.
- You have seven (7) to fifteen (15) years of experience in problem solving in a manufacturing environment preferably in Quality, Engineering, or Supplier Quality.
- You must be familiar with a wide variety of advanced analytical and diagnostic Problem Solving and Decision Making Tools such as, Kepner – Tregoe, Red X Methodology, 8D, Six Sigma etc.
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing and Statistical Process control will be considered an asset.
- You must possess strong facilitation skills and organizational skills. Must be self-motivated and exhibit good interpersonal communication skills.
- You have working knowledge of PC software packages including (MSWord, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project) is required.
Bombardier Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.
Whether your candidacy is moving on to the next step of the hiring process or not, we will keep you informed by email or by phone. Join us at careers.bombardier.com
Your ideas move people.
Job: Quality Control
Primary Location: CA-ON-Toronto - Downsview
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 07.11.2013, 1:46:24 PM
Job Segments: Engineer, Lean Six Sigma, Risk Management, QC, Aerospace, Engineering, Management, Finance, Quality, Aviation