Senior Stress Engineering
Date: Oct 9, 2013
Location: Downsview, Toronto, CA
the evolution of mobility
At Bombardier Aerospace our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide. If you have a good idea, we'll provide the environment where it will grow into a great product or an exceptional customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
We are seeking a person to join a dynamic Engineering team responsible for new, challenging product development. We have an immediate opening within Toronto Aerostructures Engineering for Senior Stress Engineers. Reporting to the Chief of Stress, this position’s prime objective is to lead a formal group of stress engineers to ensure the structural integrity of new and in-service aeronautical products and show compliance to specifications and airworthiness requirements. This positions is located in Toronto, Canada
This position requires strong static, fatigue and damage tolerance analytical skills for metallic and advanced composite structure using classical and finite element method, proficient with MSC/NASTRAN linear finite element code, in-depth understanding in classical closed-form solutions in strength, stiffness, structural instability and structural allowables, knowledge of minimum weight design concept of aircraft structure and manufacturing processes, familiar with civil aircraft structural certification requirements and procedures and good understanding of the operation of all aircraft mechanical control systems.
In your role, you will:
- Lead and provide technical direction to junior and intermediate stress engineers to accomplish program requirements and departmental goals.
- Be a mentor for less experienced stress engineers in the team.
- Provide stress support and technical expertise to other engineering functions.
- Organize and supervise the preparation of stress reports and formal compliance documents to fulfill the certification requirements, responsible for the quality and accuracy of the analyses generated in the group and methodologies used in the reports.
- Integrate the overall structural analysis approach for the airframe in conjunction with the Chief, Stress Engineering and/or Structures DAD.
- Participate in engineering technical reviews and configuration decisions as an expert in your discipline.
- Maintain technical knowledge and awareness of developments related to aircraft structural analysis methodologies and related airworthiness regulations.
As our ideal candidate,
- You have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Aeronautical or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university
- You have a minimum of 8 years of advanced structural analysis experience in static, fatigue and damage tolerance of large aircraft primary structures and system components with civil aircraft manufacturer(s); possess an adequate knowledge in aircraft minimum weight design and manufacturing processes
- You are proficient in using finite element software packages such as MSC PATRAN/NASTRAN, HyperWorks.
- You are strong in using components in Microsoft Office and technical report writing skill
- You meet the minimum requirements of a Design Approval Designee (DAD) nominee in Airframe/System Stress specialty
- You must have a good command of English language, both in written and oral; strong leadership and inter-personal skills.
- Bombardier Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.
- - Whether your candidacy is moving on to the next step of the hiring process or not, we will keep you informed by email or with a phone call. Join us at careers.bombardier.com.
- - Your ideas move people
Primary Location: CA-ON-Toronto - Downsview
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 12.06.2013, 8:26:59 AM
Job Segments: Engineer, Aeronautical Engineering, Product Development, Aerospace Engineering, Aerospace, Engineering, Research, Aviation