Date: Oct 5, 2014
Location: Downsview, Toronto, CA
the evolution of mobility
At Bombardier Aerospace our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide. If you have a good idea, we'll provide the environment where it will grow into a great product or an exceptional customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
We are seeking an individual to join a dynamic Engineering team within the Global Operations Engineering & Methods organization, reporting to the Stress Section Chief. The successful candidate will work alongside a group of airframe stress engineers responsible for both the structural integrity and continued airworthiness of the aircraft.
The applicants for this position need to have strong analytical skills in static, fatigue and damage tolerance of metallic and composite structure using classical and finite element methods; proficiency with MSC Patran/NASTRAN engineering software; in-depth understanding of classical solutions for strength, stiffness, structural instability and structural allowables, knowledge of minimum weight design concept of aircraft structure and manufacturing processes; familiarity with civil aircraft structural certification requirements and procedures as well as good understanding of the operation of aircraft mechanical control systems.
In your role you will:
- Provide technical direction to junior and intermediate stress engineers to accomplish program requirements and goals.
- Provide support and technical expertise in the area of structural strength to other engineering functions.
- Prepare stress reports and formal compliance documents to fulfill the certification requirements.
- Liaise with other functions when required to ensure stress requirements are fully integrated.
- Participate in engineering technical reviews and configuration decisions as an expert in the structural strength discipline.
- Maintain technical knowledge and awareness of developments related to aircraft structural analysis methodologies and related airworthiness regulations.
- Provide mentoring for less experienced stress engineers in the team.
- Work either directly, or via team, carrying out static stress calculations to assess design solutions for a range of tasks, ranging from modifications to manufacturing concessions against the Aircraft Design requirements.
- Support on-going continuous improvement initiatives to increase team efficiency through methods, process and other capability improvements.
- Report critical technical issues up through functional management.
As our ideal candidate, you have:
- You have a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Aeronautical or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university.
- You have a minimum of 8 years of advanced structural analysis experience in static, fatigue and damage tolerance of large aircraft primary structures and system components with civil aircraft manufacturer(s) using a broad range of standard hand and computer methods.
- You are proficient in using finite element software packages such as MSC PATRAN/NASTRAN, HyperWorks, NASGRO, and LS-DYNA.
- You have good communication skills and a pro-active approach to problem solving.
- You have good understanding of aircraft production methods and processes, especially if gained through involvement in MRB or similar manufacturing support activities.
Bombardier Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.
Whether your candidacy is moving on to the next step of the hiring process or not, we will keep you informed by email or by phone. Join us at careers.bombardier.com
Number of hours: 40
Terms of employment: Permanent
Wage range: $86,000 - 95,000
Other salary conditions:
-Group Insurance Benefits
-Life Insurance Benefits
-Pension Plan Benefits
-Vision Care Benefits
Your ideas move people
Primary Location: CA-ON-Toronto - Downsview
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 05.09.2014, 10:51:06 AM
Job Segment: Aeronautical Engineering, Aerospace, Manufacturing Engineer, Engineer, Engineering, Aviation