Structural Repair Engineer
Date: Feb 28, 2014
Location: Downsview, Toronto, CA
the evolution of mobility
At Bombardier Aerospace, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
We currently have an opening for a Structural Repair Engineer to join our In-Service Engineering Department (Toronto Site). This position will report directly to the Manager In-Service Engineering – Structures.
In your role, you will:
- Complete design and stress analysis of structural repair schemes for damaged in-service aircraft in accordance with Regulatory Body and Bombardier Aerospace requirements;
- Selection of structural configurations and materials (including both metallic and composite) that combine to produce economic repair schemes, while at the same time taking into account the effects of static, fatigue, fail safe requirements and damage tolerance;
- Work effectively in partnership with members of the Customer Response Centre to provide coordinated responses to operator queries;
- Investigate operator requests, recurring fleet issues and provide support to core engineering design and risk assessment teams;
- Complete on-site damage surveys of immobilized aircraft (International travel required) Recommendations regarding airworthiness of damaged aircraft and requirements for temporary repairs;
- Development, composition and approval of Structural Repair Manuals;
- Shift work is a requirement to ensure 24/7 support of operators around the world.
As our ideal candidate,
- You have a Bachelor degree in Engineering combined with a minimum of five (5) years experience in the design and/or stress analysis of aircraft structure;
- You have excellent oral and written communication skills;
- You are able to work under minimum supervision in an extremely fast paced team oriented environment;
- You possess a solid background in finite element modeling of aircraft structure and extensive computer skills using a range of software;
- You have customer support experience - a definite asset.
Bombardier Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.
Whether your candidacy is moving on to the next step of the hiring process or not, we will keep you informed by email or by phone. Join us at careers.bombardier.com
Your ideas move people.
Primary Location: CA-ON-Toronto - Downsview
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 03.12.2013, 12:00:00 AM
Job Segments: Repair, Engineer, Temporary, Aerospace, Law, Manufacturing, Engineering, Contract, Aviation, Legal