Engineering Specialist - Electronic Equipment Design Assurance
Date: Apr 8, 2014
Location Downtown, Toronto, CA
the evolution of mobility
At Bombardier, our employees work together to evolve mobility
- one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we'll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or
customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
The candidate will ensure, by design and documentation reviews and process audits, that suppliers of electronic equipment follow established industry and regulatory guidelines, and sound engineering practices, in developing airborne embedded software and airborne electronic hardware (AEH), such that their products are safe and certifiable.
The candidate may also liaise with Transport Canada Civil Aviation (TCCA) and produce the necessary compliance data, in order to confirm that suppliers have satisfied all certification authority requirements for software and AEH.
The candidate will review safety analyses, attend design reviews, review supplier documentation, and conduct audits on suppliers' software and AEH development products & processes. Where necessary, the candidate will advise suppliers on action required to make their processes and products safe and certifiable, and will ensure that corrective action is carried out.
Finally, the candidate will keep abreast of the rapidly changing technology and processes, in order to develop and maintain best product development practices' and processes' requirements for the EEDA discipline.
Note: This job does not involve designing or coding software or complex electronic hardware, and therefore is not a position of software programmer or AEH designer.
As our ideal candidate,
- You have a minimum, a Bachelor's degree in Engineering with a specialization in Software, or a degree in Software Engineering or Computer Science.
- You possess a minimum of 5 years experience in the development or verification of real-time airborne embedded software applications in a variety of aircraft systems (using RTCA/DO-178B or equivalent standard).
- You may also have experience in the certification, development or testing of airborne electronic hardware (AEH) according to structured development processes (RTCA/DO-254 or equivalent standard).You are familiar with industry-recognized Software/Firmware Engineering practices, object oriented design, system safety analyses, ARP4754A and ARP4761, DO-178B, or DO-254 for both Software and AEH aspects.
- You have experience of software or firmware requirement and design analysis, of writing and of acting as a peer reviewer of life cycle plans, requirements, designs, code, test cases and procedures.
- You are able to read and critique high-order software coding languages (procedural & object-oriented) or HDL code, as part of the design review activities.
- You have working experience in software quality assurance and software configuration management, or experience with certification authorities’ liaison is an asset.
- You have good oral and writing skills in English are required.
- You possess the ability to work with minimum supervision, be a team player, be able to work on various projects simultaneously, and have project organization skills.
- You must also be a person with initiative, strong sense of responsibility and good engineering judgment.
- You must be available to travel occasionally at suppliers’ sites for dedicated process audits.
Bombardier Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.
Whether your candidacy is moving on to the next step of the hiring process or not, we will keep you informed by email or by phone. Join us at careers.bombardier.com
Your ideas move people.
Primary Location: CA-ON-Toronto - Downtown
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 12.06.2013, 9:03:19 AM
Job Segment: Engineer, Firmware, Programmer, Law, Embedded, Engineering, Technology, Legal