Onboard Train Customer Service Ambassador
Date: Apr 26, 2013
Location: Downtown, Toronto, CA
Bombardier Transportation is the number one provider of rail solutions in the world. Our business holds the number one global market position in eight of the ten markets we service. Our product portfolio includes a full range of passenger rail vehicles and we manufacture locomotives, bogies, and propulsion and rail control solutions. We design, build and service some of the most intelligent and beautiful rail solutions in the world, our products are safe, healthy for people and help preserve the world's natural environment. For further information on Bombardier please visit our website at http://www.bombardier.com/
Get your career on track
For over thirty years Bombardier has been successfully doing business with GO Transit in Toronto. We are currently recruiting for Onboard Train Customer Service Ambassadors.
If you are passionate about winning and have a results driven attitude
If customer service is your first priority and you are challenged by a multi-tasking environment
If you possess the ability to work in an operational setting with tight deadlines, then...
Bombardier is the place for you!
You will have the following responsibilities:
- Attend to, resolve and escalate customer service issues on a daily basis. Operate independently and make sound business decisions that show customer focus.
- Make all announcements, including but not limited to informing passengers of any delay of five minutes or more, stations stops, special on board announcements etc.
- Ensure that all passengers have alighted, discarded newspapers and other litter picked up, lost personal items are collected and doors secured at terminals.
- Responsible to safely deploy the courtesy ramp as well as operating the required doors at station stops through radio communications following GO Transit Accessibility Guidelines (appropriate training will be provided).
- Interface regularly with the Train Operator, GO Commuter Central and host railway's rail traffic control centers when required via the radio as well as a PDA.
- Communicate with Maintenance staff in order to correct defects which could affect train performance on the road minimize delays to train and the passengers (appropriate training will be provided).
- Implement and carry out the evacuation plan in the event of an emergency.
- Compile customer service reports and other reports as required.
To be considered for this position you must:
- Possess a Secondary School diploma or higher
- Possess a valid driver's license
Note that the Onboard Train Customer Service Ambassador is the face of GO onboard trains, thus successful candidates will have to comply with a dress code and uniform policy. Candidates will have the potential to enter a Train Operator position through the career path at Bombardier.
We appreciate your interest in this position, however only successful applicants will be contacted due to high volume of applicants.
Job: Train Fleet Management
Primary Location: CA-ON-Toronto - Downtown
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 18.01.2013, 8:44:00 AM
Job Segment: Customer Service