Electrical Engineer - 7 positions available
Date: Apr 28, 2013
the evolution of mobility
At Bombardier Aerospace, 33,600 employees in 25 countries work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we'll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
Job openings are available in the various Montreal areas, such as Mirabel, Saint-Laurent and Dorval.
Opportunities are available in the following areas:
- Electrical system:
- Electrical power
- Aircraft completion systems (Galley, Water & waste system, Cabin Entertainment System, etc.)
- Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC)
- Electrical Wiring Interconnection System (EWIS)
As an Electrical Engineer, you may be required to:
- Provide electrical support to the Business Units to help resolve technical issues;
- Participate/lead Research & Development (R&D) studies to develop and integrate new systems and technologies;
- Prepare/update Bombardier Manual (BM) practices and standards;
- Validate and verify components, systems and aircraft level requirements;
- Create and revise engineering documentation: drawings, 3D models, Modsums, Product Change Request (PCRs), technical reports, analysis and simulation etc.;
- Work with suppliers to establish complete system requirements, system interfaces and equipment specifications;
- Review and approve various suppliers technical documents such as proposals, acceptance tests, qualification test procedures and qualification test reports, etc.;
- Analyze and support system suppliers with overall electrical system architecture and component designs;
- Plan test and define test rig for system validation and certification;
- Verify system performance through analyses, rig and aircraft testing;
- Conduct and/or witness systems qualification/integration tests;
- Prepare material for aircraft certification;
- Coordinate and support Critical Design Reviews (CDR's) and other development milestones;
- Prepare commercial studies and trade studies;
- Prepare statement of work and task estimation;
- Support manufacturing and operations, as needed, to help solve problems related to in service and in production aircraft systems;
- Ensure interface with regulatory authorities;
- Recommend and take charge of design changes from the design phase through certification and field service support.
In your role, you will be asked to work in the following area:
- Integration with green aircraft systems;
- Cabin management system;
- In flight entertainment;
- Communications systems;
- Lighting systems;
- Camera and security systems;
- Power management;
- Others systems.
As our ideal candidate,
- You have a University degree in electrical, or aerospace engineering with minimum five (5) year of relevant electrical experience.
- You should be familiar with the specification, design, integration and acceptance of Electrical systems on aircraft.
- You have experience with civil aircraft and civil airworthiness regulations (an asset).
- You have a strong background and a good understanding of aircraft systems integration, component qualification, reliability and safety requirements and certification process.
- You have strong communication skills (written and spoken).
Bombardier Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.
Whether your candidacy is moving on to the next step of the hiring process or not, we will keep you informed by email or by phone. Join us at careers.bombardier.com
Your ideas move people.
Job: Electrical/Electronics Engineering
Primary Location: CA-Quebec
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 22.05.2012, 7:44:54 AM
Job Segments: Electronics Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Electrical, Engineer, Electrical Engineering, Engineering