Engineering Test Pilot - Be proactive and apply today!
Date: May 20, 2013
the evolution of mobility
At Bombardier Aerospace, 33,600 employees in 25 countries work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we'll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
As part of a group within Bombardier Flight Test Center, which is responsible for Bombardier test programs, the Engineering Test Pilot is responsible for conducting test operations on aerospace vehicles for the purpose of research, development and certification.
Your mission will be to work in a multi-disciplined Integrated Product Development Team; Develop Certification Test Procedures; Conduct development tests on Simulation Test Rigs; and participate in a validation test program leading to aircraft Type Certification.
As an Engineering Fight Test Pilot, you will:
- Adhere to General Work Requirements
- Primary duties include test planning, test readiness, safety of flight and test operations.
- Communicate to engineering and project personnel on the planning, conducting and results of the tests (ground and/or flight).
- Observe company, FAA and Transport Canada rules and regulations, and proper use of safety and risk mitigation methods and the safe operation of equipment.
- Support preliminary design review process with respect to pilot interface and human factors issues.
As an Engineering Senior Flight Test Pilot, you will:
- Provide technical expertise related to flight test and aircraft operational issues in support of design development activities.
- Work closely with Flight Test Engineers assigned to their aircraft. Oversees and audits the technical content of all test procedures
- Provide technical leadership as project pilot to other test pilots assigned to the same flight test program. Provides the central point of contact for all pilot/operational issues throughout the program. Responsible for presenting the coordinated BFTC position on these issues
- Review and provide inputs for flight manuals, flight manual supplements, pilot manuals and other technical engineering reports. Often is assigned as a focal 'Project Pilot' for a product line or model.
- Conduct briefing for company management reviews, FAA, Transport Canada and other foreign Certification Authorities or groups as necessary.
- Provides direct liaison with test pilot groups in FAA/Transport Canada on specific technical or schedule issues.
As our ideal candidate,
- You hold a Bachelor's Degree in an engineering or related discipline
- You must hold the appropriate US or Canadian, instrument ratings and commercial licenses.
- You have a significant practical knowledge of flight test techniques, procedures and requirements.
- You have a minimum of three (3) to ten (10) years' experience in flight test experience and certification experience as a pilot or the equivalence.
- You have strong communication skills (written and spoken).
- You hold an Airline Tranport Pilot Licence ATP/ATPL or attain within 6 months of hire.
- You have a minimum of 1500 hours including 500 hours of turbine powered flight experience as pilot.
- You are able and willing to work with irregular hours and work days. Ability to travel on short notice.
- You possess interpersonal skills necessary to work effectively with a variety of individuals, departments and organizations.
ADDITIONAL DESIRED/PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- You hold a graduate of an accredited test pilot school (USAF, Navy, French, Empire or National Test Pilot School).
- You hold a Master's of Science degree in engineering or related discipline.
- You hold a CAT 1 medical or equivalent.
- You are familiar with Transport Canada, FAA and JAA Certification processes and procedures.
- You have prior experience as DER / DAD Test Pilot.
- You have previous experience with Bombardier products.
Bombardier Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.
Whether your candidacy is moving on to the next step of the hiring process or not, we will keep you informed by email or by phone. Join us at careers.bombardier.com
Your ideas move people.
Job: Airplane Pilot
Primary Location: CA-Quebec
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 01.06.2012, 1:31:49 PM
Job Segments: Engineer, Product Development, Aerospace Engineering, Research, Aerospace, Engineering, Aviation