Flight Test Engineer (2 positions available)
Date: May 21, 2013
the evolution of mobility
At Bombardier Aerospace, 33,600 employees in 25 countries work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we'll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
As part of a group within Bombardier Flight Test Center, which is responsible for Bombardier test programs, the Flight Test Engineer is responsible for planning, executing and reporting test operations on aerospace vehicles for the purpose of research, development and certification.
In your role, you will:
- Operate under the day-to-day authority of a Senior Flight Test Engineer, or Lead Flight Test Engineer.
- Normally be assign to a single dedicated flight test vehicle.
- Operate as a qualified experimental cabin crewmember following appropriate product and safety training. Support other flight crewmembers with aircraft limitations, special instructions and test procedures.
- Operate all cabin experimental provisions and mission specific test instrumentation.
- Communicate to engineering and project personnel on the planning, status and results of tests (ground and/or flight).
- Perform test documentation and reporting consistent with approved Bombardier standards.
- Oversee and confirm test aircraft configuration for test, including test instrumentation prior to testing.
- Perform technical review and process of specific test planning documents, special instructions and test limitations.
- Observe company, FAA and Transport Canada rules and regulations.
- Ensure proper application of Safety Risk Management process and safe operation of equipment.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
As our ideal candidate,
- You hold a University degree in an engineering discipline (Master or Doctorate degree will be an asset).
- You must have a minimum of five (5) years of practical flight test experience or equivalent. Six (6) months product specific development may be necessary before commencing regular flight crew duties.
- You must be very familiar with most flight test procedures and requirements.
- You have a strong familiarity with Transport Canada, FAA and JAA Certification processes and procedures.
- You must be able to maintain an FAA Class 3 Medical Certificate.
- You hold a private pilot license (an asset but not considered essential).
- You have working knowledge of aircraft systems and operations
- You have ability and willingness to work irregular hours. You also have ability to travel on short notice.
- You have computer skills necessary to learn and/or operate word processing, spreadsheet, database, email, and web-based applications.
- You have strong communication skills (written and spoken).
Bombardier Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.
Whether your candidacy is moving on to the next step of the hiring process or not, we will keep you informed by email or by phone. Join us at careers.bombardier.com
Your ideas move people.
Job: Test Engineering
Primary Location: CA-Quebec
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 29.05.2012, 10:25:44 PM
Job Segments: Engineer, Risk Management, Research, Aerospace, Database, Engineering, Finance, Aviation, Technology