Interior Completion Engineer (10 positions available)
Date: Apr 27, 2013
the evolution of mobility
At Bombardier Aerospace, 33,600 employees in 25 countries work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we'll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
Job openings are available in the various Montreal areas, such as Mirabel, Saint-Laurent and Dorval.
Opportunities are available as:
- Interiors Designer
- Interiors Integrator
As an Interiors Designer, you may be required to:
- Create 3D detail design and provide drawing with working instructions and BOM to supply the line.
- Continuously provide engineering support.
- Create and integrate 3D models as per manufacturability.
- Update model to encompass changes.
- Responsible to match customer definition package.
- Create 2D drawing with integrated working instructions.
- Update drawing to encompass changes.
- Support Report of Nonconformance (RNC) process (Depending on the areas).
- Interface control drawings for any new cabinet and periphery requests impacting interfaces (mechanical installation, water/waste/oxygen system installation, and aircraft level systems installation).
As an Interiors Integrator, you may be required to:
- Participate/lead Research & Development (R&D) studies to develop and integrate new systems and technologies;
- Prepare/update Bombardier Manual (BM) practices and standards;
- Create customer 3D layouts and monument Interfaces/Envelopes (KBE);
- Provide feasibility studies for all requirements regarding monuments and aircraft configuration
- Create and revise engineering documentation: drawings, 3D models, Modsums, Product Change Request (PCRs), technical reports, analysis and simulation etc.;
- Work with suppliers to establish complete system requirements, system interfaces and equipment specifications;
- Review and approval of various suppliers technical documents such as proposals, acceptance tests, qualification test procedures and qualification test reports, etc.;
- Test plan and test rig definition for system validation and certification;
- Verify system performance through analyses, rig and aircraft testing;
- Conduct and/or witness systems qualification/integration tests;
- Prepare material for aircraft certification;
- Coordinate and support Critical Design Reviews (CDR's) and other development milestones;
- Prepare commercial studies and trade studies;
- Prepare statement of work and task estimation;
- Support manufacturing and operations, as needed, to help solve problems related to in service and in production aircraft systems;
- Work with other groups such as product design, stress, weights, methods, suppliers, and certification to ensure any new design concepts take into consideration industry regulations and Bombardier Aerospace Design Practices and requirements;
- Recommend and take charge of design changes from the design phase through certification and field service support;
- Organize and attend design reviews taking into consideration industry regulations, Bombardier Aerospace Design Practices and requirements.
In your role, you may be required to design and/or integrate:
- Seats & divans
- Window shades;
- Tables & cabin dividers;
- Water and waste systems;
- Environmental Control System (ECS);
- Oxygen system;
- Accoustics and thermal insulation;
- Systems installation.
As our ideal candidate,
- You hold a College or a University degree in Mechanical Engineering or in Aerospace Engineering or equivalent;
- You have a minimum of five (5) year of relevant design experience (for Interiors Integrator);
- You have Project Management skills (a requirement for Interiors Integrator);
- You also have experience with Knowledge Based Engineering (KBE);
- You have experience in an aerospace manufacturing company (a strong asset for junior position and a requirement for senior position);
- You have knowledge with airworthiness certification (an asset);
- You are proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, Catia V5 and Enovia. Autocad is an asset;
- You have strong communication skills (written and spoken).
Bombardier Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.
Whether your candidacy is moving on to the next step of the hiring process or not, we will keep you informed by email or by phone. Join us at careers.bombardier.com
Your ideas move people.
Job: Mechanical Engineering
Primary Location: CA-Quebec
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 03.06.2012, 9:19:12 PM
Job Segments: Manufacturing Engineer, Engineer, Thermal Engineering, Supply, Aerospace Engineering, Engineering, Operations