Date: Sep 30, 2013
Location: Kingston, ON, CA
STRUCTURAL ENGINEER – Car Body Structure
REQUISITION NUMBER: T-SYS-ENG-CAKIa0803
At Bombardier, 70,000 employees in 60 countries work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
Based in Kingston, Ontario you will be part of the vehicle engineering team responsible for the design, implementation and qualification of various subsystems, including car body structure, on various international projects. Your tasks shall include the preparation of technical specifications, car body design, manual stress calculations, stress reports, test procedures and test reports in addition to overseeing the generation of production engineering drawings for the manufacturing of the car body.
In your role you will:
- Generate design concepts/sketches, select materials and perform both manual and computer aided stress analysis on the car body structure;
- Assist and guide designers in the detailed structural design of the car body and integration of the vehicle subsystems and components
- Support technical contract administration for the car body components, including the preparation of documents such as Technical Requirements Document, material specifications, Design Review Report and finite element stress analysis reports;
- Assist methods and manufacturing engineers to resolve design and production issues.
As our ideal candidate:
- You possess a Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering (your Professional Engineering certification (P Eng) or your eligibility for a P Eng will be considered a strong asset);
- You cumulate over ten (10) years of experience as a mechanical engineer in a manufacturing facility;
- You are familiar with Finite Element Analysis, Welding Standards and Welding Design;
- Your English communication skills are excellent both written and spoken.
Additional information: The incumbent of this position must be able to travel domestic or international;
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at careers.bombardier.com
Your ideas move people.
Job: Mechanical Engineering
Primary Location: CA-ON-Kingston
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 02.12.2013, 11:18:43 AM
Job Segments: Manufacturing Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Engineer, Structural Engineer, Welding, Engineering, Manufacturing