Liaison Engineer (2 positions available)
Date: May 20, 2013
the evolution of mobility
At Bombardier Aerospace, 33,600 employees in 25 countries work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we'll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
Job openings are available in the various Montreal areas, such as Mirabel, Saint-Laurent and Dorval.
As a Liaison Engineer we will ask you to:
- Support daily production, completions and delivery operations in our manufacturing and assembly areas;
- Design, analyze and disposition repairs for structural non-conformances in a timely manner to restore design integrity in sub-assembly, final line and preflight areas of Bombardier Aerospace.
- Rapidly design repairs based on equivalent strength / stiffness of surrounding structure while in a production schedule-driven environment.
- Interpret engineering drawings, specs & provide guidance to employees and Methods & Production.
- Adhere to Bombardier Aerospace Materiel Review Board (MRB) and Quality Assurance (QA) procedures.
- Maintains a current and up-to-date knowledge of developments in aircraft structures in order to recommend innovations to improve the quality, economy, and effectiveness of company products.
- Participate in projects that aim to increase productivity, reduce waste and improve financial performance;
- Work in close cooperation with other Engineering disciplines such as Systems, Stress, Materials & Processes, Propulsion, and Support Groups such as Logistics, Methods & Quality in order to achieve the company's business objectives.
As our ideal candidate,
- You have a University or a College degree in Aerospace or Mechanical engineering or in a related field;
- You have a minimum of 3 years of Material Review Board (MRB) or airframe design experience in aerospace;
- You have an in-depth knowledge of aircraft structures & system installation technical requirements
- You have a high sense of commitment, and a willingness to accept responsibilities while acting independently in a high-pressure production environment;
- You have a practical working experience using Catia V4 / V5 or AutoCAD;
- You are flexible in schedule as assembly equipment occurs on multiple shifts (day, evening, night and weekend);
- You are bilingual (French and English).
Bombardier Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.
Whether your candidacy is moving on to the next step of the hiring process or not, we will keep you informed by email or by phone. Join us at careers.bombardier.com
Your ideas move people.
Primary Location: CA-Quebec
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 28.09.2012, 2:27:32 PM
Job Segments: Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineer, Quality Assurance, Engineering, Technology