Logistics Agent (44 positions available)
Date: Apr 28, 2013
the evolution of mobility
At Bombardier Aerospace, 33,600 employees in 25 countries work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we'll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
Job openings are available in the various Montreal areas, such as Mirabel, Saint-Laurent and Dorval.
In Bombardier's manufacturing system, you are the ''when''. You must optimize the value chain by delivering quality parts, in the right quantity, at the right cost and at the right time with flawless execution. You are the link between the suppliers (internal/external) and operations. You will interact on a daily basis with different functions (Methods, Engineering, Quality, Supply Chain, etc.).
As a Logistic Agent, you may be required to:
- Work at the strategic logistics planning level;
- Execute various elements of the strategic logistics plan such as reducing shortages, timely delivery and inventory management;
- Ensure overall governance internally and externally within Logistics;
- Actively participate in improvement projects (Achieving excellence system, 5S, Lean manufacturing, cost reduction, and improved manufacturing etc.);
Opportunities are available in the following areas:
- Master Scheduler: Create production plans/schedules according to business demands in conjunction to the constraints and capacity of the plant;
- Advanced Logistics Planning: Evaluate the level of preparation for the deployment of logistics activities as well as implement a methodology for identifying logistics supplier risks including Logistics failure mode & effects analysis, Value stream mapping, Material and information flow analysis (L-FMEA, VSM / MIFA), capacity plan, inventory plan, transport map as well as a packaging plan, etc.);
- Material Flow: Define and establish world class practices for the set-up of the internal Logistics processes, such as; line side store, material flows and stores management in direct collaboration with the strategic planning of the Logistics and procurement teams;
- Data Matrix Agent: Responsible for the creation and management of logistics parameters related to parts and materials in the ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) system;
- Inventory Management: Develop a strategy to optimize inventory levels/turns while responsible for the development of the scheduling policy;
- Supplier relationship management: Ensure change management of products and coordinate program reviews and overall performance with suppliers;
- Procurement: Responsible for all stages of the procurement process from the placing of a purchase order to receiving store materials/parts (E.g. Management of purchase orders, non-conforming parts, invoices, inventories, etc.). ;
- Subject Matter Expert (Super User): Responsible to develop, update, and provide training on processes and tools that support the logistics functions while being aware of the various new systems and processes;
- Change Management: Plan and coordinate the required changes in procurement, assembly and/or manufacturing based on manufacturing;
- Manufacturing support: Ensure availability of materials in the workplace/ machine in the time required and to analyze discrepancies in manufacturing plans and propose solutions;
- Line Support (Production Coordinator): Ensure availability of parts at a work station in a timely manner, analyze variances in production plans and propose solutions;
- Store Analyst: Responsible for the analysis of inventory turns and propose inventory improvement solutions. Can influence the scheduling policy and propose improvement plans;
- Governance: Responsible for ensuring governance of the entire logistics chain to ensure performance visibility and communication.
As our ideal candidate,
- You possess a college and / or technical degree in Operations Management and/or a bachelor's degree in operations Management or Industrial Engineering with experience in New Program development (5 years +);
- You have two (2) to ten (10) years of relevant professional experience;
- You have good abilities in negotiations, problem solving and analysis;
- You possess experience in an aerospace and/or manufacturing company (an asset);
- You have knowledge of Logistics failure mode & effects analysis (L-FMEA) process (an asset);
- You are customer-oriented, you observe deadlines and you are not reluctant to take the lead;
- You have developed excellent influencing and decision-making abilities;
- You must have a sense of organization, time management and you demonstrate autonomy;
- You have an open mind, the ability to work in a team and good interpersonal skills;
- You are proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint);
- You have experience in using ERP and MRP systems (SAP, BaaN, etc.) (an asset);
- You hold an APICS certification (an asset);
- You possess communications skills in English and/or French, written and spoken.
Bombardier Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.
Whether your candidacy is moving on to the next step of the hiring process or not, we will keep you informed by email or by phone. Join us at careers.bombardier.com
Your ideas move people.
Primary Location: CA-Quebec
Job Posting: 15.10.2012, 11:53:12 AM
Job Segments: Logistics, Engineer, ERP, Strategic Planning, Aerospace, Operations, Engineering, Technology, Strategy, Aviation