Date: Jul 5, 2014
Location: Los Angeles, CA, US
We at Bombardier are part of a world-leading manufacturer of innovative transportation solutions, from regional aircraft and business jets to rail transportation equipment.
Our business in competitive world markets requires integrity, customer orientation, shareholder focus and a commitment to excellence in every way. If you are passionate, are committed to personal growth and welcome professional challenges, Bombardier is the place for you. If you have vision and can see beyond the task at hand, if you are driven to overcome challenges and achieve goals, come join our team.
To provide technical expertise in trouble shooting Electrical problems on locomotive and coach equipment. Provide coaching and guidance to other staff to heighten their abilities to repair equipment. A role model for time keeping, and a team player, who demonstrates organizational commitment and awareness. Must be willing to work outside in all weather conditions, as well as in a 24 hour, 7 days a week working environment. Must work safely and follow all work procedures.
More specifically he or she will be responsible to:
- Responsible for troubleshooting and fault detection of coach and locomotive electrical systems, sub-systems and components.
Expected to use a holistic approach in troubleshooting and diagnosing equipment failures. Identify the extent of the damage, provide feedback on the length of repair, provide information on material requirements
- Perform scheduled inspections and progressive maintenance inspections and unscheduled repairs.
Inspect equipment and complete repairs to ensure that locomotives and coaches are properly prepared for service.
Perform modifications from drawings, prints or wiring schematics on coaches and locomotives
Coach and mentor employees with on-the-job duties.
Provide Clerical staff information to generate service requests and work orders.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Successful candidates must:
- Complete Grade 12, College degree or certification an asset
- Have 2 to 4 years in a Railway (preferred) or related industry
- Be familiar with AC and DC power and control systems.
- Be capable of reading and understanding electrical drawings and maintenance manuals.
- Be capable of using computers and computer control systems.
- Have certificate or license in related field preferred.
- Communicate in English
- Traveling off site to outpost locations for repairs.
- Troubleshoot and repair equipment.
Job: Train Operations & Maintenance
Primary Location: US-CA-Los Angeles
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 26.02.2014, 2:53:05 PM
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Technician, Maintenance, Electrical, Clerical, Technology, Manufacturing, Engineering, Administrative, Aviation