Liaison Engineer, Final Line Support
Date: May 3, 2013
Location: Mirabel, QC, CA
the evolution of mobility
At Bombardier Aerospace, 33,600 employees in 25 countries work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
In your role, you will:
- Design, analyze and disposition repairs for structural non-conformances in a timely manner to restore design integrity, on final line and preflight areas for the C Series aircraft family.
- Rapidly design repairs based on equivalent strength/stiffness of surrounding structure while in a schedule-driven environment.
- Adhere to company materiel review board (MRB) and quality assurance (QA) procedures.
- Interact with inspectors, shop mechanics, other engineering disciplines and management as required.
- Maintains a current and up-to-date knowledge of developments in aircraft structures in order to recommend innovations to improve the quality, economy, and effectiveness of company products
As our ideal candidate, you have:
- Bachelor in aerospace or mechanical engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years MRB experience. Design experience in Aerospace is an asset.
- Practical knowledge and experience of Catia/Enovia V5.
- Excellent knowledge of aircraft structure and system installation technical requirements.
- Understanding of the principles of lean manufacturing.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, a high sense of commitment, and a willingness to accept responsibilities while acting independently in a high-pressure partner/supplier team environment
- Strong French and English written/verbal communication.
This position is based in Mirabel. This position also involves supporting production schedule on second shift and on week-ends. Adaptability/Flexibility in schedule is an asset.
Bombardier Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.
Whether your candidacy is moving on to the next step of the hiring process or not, we will keep you informed by email or by phone. Join us at careers.bombardier.com
Your ideas move people.
Primary Location: CA-QC-Mirabel
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 21.02.2013, 2:01:32 PM
Job Segments: Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Aerospace, Aerospace Engineering, QA, Engineering, Aviation, Quality