SAP Payroll functional/configuration Analyst
Date: May 23, 2013
Location: Montreal St. Laurent, QC, CA
the evolution of mobility
At Bombardier Aerospace, 33,600 employees in 25 countries work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
We are actively recruiting for a SAP HR application Specialist. He will be responsible for providing services for full life-cycle implementations for Bombardier Aerospace end-users. Responsibilities include requirements gathering, analysis (documentation), functional design, system configuration of SAP HR Payroll module, verification and validation through testing, and provide logistical support for various projects involving the improvement of business processes.
The Application Specialist assesses, researches and analyzes business requirements and translates them into easily-understood system specifications. He/She will explore alternative options to recommend technological solutions and designs that meet customer needs including component reusability, data sharing and security. In some cases, they may be required to participate in building proposals for senior management with regards to options that have been evaluated. He/She needs to be able to evaluate the system strategies related to new application components and/or new product and ultimately recommend new initiatives when justified.
The Application Specialist will be responsible for determining the best mix of requirement gathering methods, the most appropriate solutions to customers (Focal’s or SME’s) , configuration, development, interfacing applications, cutover activities and third party vendor solutions. At times, they may also be required to develop criteria and participate in the evaluation of 3rd party vendors and software as well as due diligence exercises.
In your role, you will:
- Be the 1st line of support for all SAP payroll application issues and new requirements
- Conduct and lead requirements and design workshops for small to large projects
- Prepare solution design documents
- Prepare detailed requirement documents
- Prepare configuration scripts
- Prepare test plans, test scenarios, use cases, and test scripts
- Participate in Data conversion activities
- Maintain all required documentation in Solution Manager
- Support production team after project go-live
Together with the Project Manager, he/she will provide inputs that will be used in the development of estimates and plans of detailed design and realization phases of the project, participate in integration meetings to communicate changes made to project plans, requirements, and design with regards to their projects original plan/scope/architecture. The role will also consist of identifying risks and provide possible recommendations.
As our ideal candidate,
- You have 5+ years experience in all areas of SAP HR and Payroll with a full lifecycle development of an SAP HR payroll implementation.
- Experience with Canadian business legislation is a must
- SAP HR Certification is considered a strong asset
- You have experience collecting business rules, translating business requirements to system functional designs, writing system requirements descriptions and system design descriptions; configuring and coding SAP HR and Payroll modules to meet design descriptions; and performing verification and validation, including writing and executing test procedures and test scripts, conducting functional and technical reviews, correcting defects, and providing technical support
- Knowledge of IT emerging technologies is an asset
- Knowledge of continuous improvement concepts, tools and techniques (lean methodology, Six Sigma, Kaizan, etc ) is an asset
DESIRED PROCESS KNOWLEDGE:
- Different design techniques (e.g. Top-down, structured analysis, component-based design) and tools (e.g. Rational Rose, ARIS)
- Communication and writing skills in both French and English
- Facilitation Skills
- Presentation Skills
- Risk Assessment & Quantification methodologies
- View and analyze situations in a systemic approach
- Adapt easily to a dynamic work environment
- Conflict and issues resolution and escalation.
Bombardier Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.
Whether your candidacy is moving on to the next step of the hiring process or not, we will keep you informed by email or by phone. Join us at careers.bombardier.com
Your ideas move people.
Job: Applications Specialists
Primary Location: CA-QC-Montreal St. Laurent
Job Posting: 22.05.2013, 2:17:01 PM
Job Segments: Payroll, SAP, ERP, Lean Six Sigma, Aerospace, Finance, Technology, Management, Aviation