Engineering Professional, Industrial Designer
Date: Jun 2, 2013
Location: Montreal St. Laurent, QC, CA
the evolution of mobility
At Bombardier Aerospace, 33,600 employees in 25 countries work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we'll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
In your role, you will:
- Be involved through the design, development, fabrication and deployment of full scale aircraft mockup projects. These mockups will typically be developed through collaboration with suppliers that will provide engineering, system design, and manufacturing resource. You will serve as design integrator and primary point of contact between the Bombardier design team and our mockup suppliers.
- Provide direction and guidance to the supplier, communicate technical and design information, adapt and communicate design features and requirements, follow the project in each detail and make necessary decisions during the project to ensure that the Bombardier design intent and functionality requirements are met in a final product.
- Travel regularly to visit the mockup fabrication sites for design reviews, to guide and define the development and build of the complete mockup and ensure the requirements of design, finish quality, and functionality are fully met.
As our ideal candidate,
- You hold a degree in Industrial Design or equivalent education.
- You have a minimum of 5-8 years in industrial design experience
- You have experience in the coordination or management of complex projects
- You have experience in automotive, yacht, trains or luxury goods design is a plus.
- You have a strong sketching ability, ia an asset
- You hold a knowledge of AutoCAD, Catia V5, Rhinoceros and Alias is an asset.
- You ar available to travel as required
- You are bilingual (French and English), oral and written is an asset.
- You should have a portfolio that demonstrates your full design skill-set.
- You are motivated by challenge and a drive for results, bringing a strong technical aptitude, knowledge of manufacturing processes, and a good overall problem-solving approach.
- You are experienced in overseeing and guiding large and complex design projects, pulling together and coordinating the efforts of varied team members towards a common objective.
- You are flexible and creative in removing roadblocks and looking for creative ways to overcome challenges, and can maintain a strong design vision through long-term projects.
Bombardier Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.
Whether your candidacy is moving on to the next step of the hiring process or not, we will keep you informed by email or with a phone. Join us at careers.bombardier.com
Your ideas move people.
Job: Industrial Design
Primary Location: CA-QC-Montreal St. Laurent
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 16.05.2013, 2:02:26 PM
Job Segments: Industrial Design, Industrial, Engineer, Industrial Engineer, Aerospace Engineering, Manufacturing, Engineering