Engineering Professional - Aircraft Performance
Date: May 17, 2013
Location: Montreal St. Laurent, QC, CA
the evolution of mobility
At Bombardier Aerospace, 33,600 employees in 25 countries work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
5 positions available.
The Flight Sciences group is searching for performance engineers to contribute in supporting Bombardier aircraft to maintain world class safety and operating economics. As part of the Flight Sciences group, you will perform various tasks to support aircraft development phase and/or the aircraft certification phase and /or the aircraft operational in-service phase.
In your role, you will;
- Perform calculation, analysis and documentation of certified and /or operational aircraft performance data.
- Perform development, validation and documentation of aircraft performance softwares.
- Prepare and support wind tunnel testing as well as flight testing. Analyse and process test data.
- Write reports demonstrating compliance with airworthiness regulations. Support requests from marketing, contract and operators.
As our ideal candidate,
- You must possess a bachelor's degree in Aeronautical (or Mechanical) engineering and a minimum of 5 to 12 years years relevant experience.
- You have basic knowledge or some experience in wind tunnel testing, flight testing, test data analysis and the application of the FAA Part 25 certification would be an asset.
- You may have knowledge of SCAP specifications (take-off, landing, climbout, APM, inflight) and are familiar with aircraft performance software supplied by airplane manufacturers.
- You must have good programming skills (C++, Fortran, Visual Basic). Knowledge of a UNIX operating system environment, PV-WAVE, Frame Maker and WINDOWS (Word, Excel) would be an asset.
- You must also have good written and oral communication skills in french and english. you must be a team player, self motivated with strong analytical skills.
Bombardier Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.
Whether your candidacy is moving on to the next step of the hiring process or not, we will keep you informed by email or by phone. Join us at careers.bombardier.com
Your ideas move people.
Job: Mechanical Engineering
Primary Location: CA-QC-Montreal St. Laurent
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 11.02.2013, 10:53:22 AM
Job Segments: Engineer, Aeronautical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Aerospace, Developer, Engineering, Aviation, Technology