Engineering Professional- Electrical System Integrator, Global 7000/8000
Date: May 4, 2017
Location: Montreal St. Laurent, QC, CA
the evolution of mobility
At Bombardier, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
In your role, you will:
- Integrate cabin systems such as camera system, security system, window shades, electric sliding doors and tables, galley systems, lighting systems, CMS/IFE, communications, etc.;
- Ensure all new electrical system designs comply with aircraft certification regulations (FAR, CAR, EU-OPS 1, etc) and Bombardier Aerospace Design Practices and requirements;
- Prepare the required documents, such as technical specifications, block diagrams, trade studies, TRD’s and SOW’s;
- Prepare systems definition documentation such as ESSDs, SDDs, ICDs;
- Review and approve new system designs proposals and implement them into aircraft documentation;
- Prepare functional test engineering requirements (FTER), test definition sheets (TDS) and certification reports for the cabin miscellaneous systems;
- Prepare electrical load analysis for cabin systems and provide it to electrical group to include in aircraft electrical load analysis;
- Ensure coordination with other systems and structure suppliers for an adequate integration;
- Address the change requests made by production as well as the change proposals from the clients.
As our ideal candidate,
- You hold an electrical engineering bachelor degree and at least seven (7) years of relevant experience in aircraft electrical systems. Cabin systems experience an asset;
- You are familiar with FAR 25 requirements and the qualification rules pertaining to avionics/electrical systems;
- You should have at least 5 years of experience in dealing with a supplier base;
- You have a working experience using AutoCAD, ECAD, CATIA and MS Office;
- You must be bilingual (English and French), both written and spoken;
- You must be able to work under minimum supervision, enjoy teamwork and have project organization skills;
- You must also demonstrate initiative, a strong sense of responsibilities and good technical judgment;
- Individuals having a previous experience in design and/or integration of interior avionic and electrical systems for business aircraft will be preferred;
- You know supplementary type certification (STC) principles is a definite asset;
- You have EMI/EMC knowledge (definite asset).
Bombardier Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.
Whether your candidacy is moving on to the next step of the hiring process or not, we will keep you informed by email or by phone. Join us at careers.bombardier.com
Your ideas move people.
Job: Electrical/Electronics Engineering
Primary Location: CA-QC-Montreal St. Laurent
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 07.03.2017, 9:45:26 AM
Job Segment: Engineer, Electrical, Aerospace, Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineer, Engineering, Aviation