Engineering Specialist- Core- Human Factors
Date: May 17, 2013
Location: Montreal St. Laurent, QC, CA
the evolution of mobility
At Bombardier Aerospace, 33,600 employees in 25 countries work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
In your role,
- You will play an important role in the organization by providing Human Factors support primarily in the area of Flightdeck crew interface and also passenger Cabin and Maintenance / manufacturing.
- You are expected to provide services to the BU's for existing and launched platforms.
- You are expected to participate in the development of the flightdeck crew interface and support the Human Factors test program to validate the design of the Flightdeck with particular attention to the Human Computer Interaction (HMI) / Avionics interface. Activities include:
- Define Development and certification test requirements,
Define Human Factors test objectives,
- Define simulation and prototyping requirements,
- Define Test methodology, e.g. Workload, Error, Usability, etc
- Perform Human Error Analysis,
- Report Problems and design issues,
- Participate to problem solving,
- Prepare documentation: Certification plan and report, Test plan, test card, observation grids, error log, etc
- You are expected to participate and provide assistance in design reviews, liaise/interact with Flight Ops and Customers (pilots), liaise/interact with suppliers/partners, interface with certification authorities (Transport Canada, FAA, EASA), prepare technical presentations to management when requested.
- You may participate in Aerospace Conferences, support technical workshops within the organization.
- You follow the BES process and actively assist in AE activities.
The ideal candidate meets these requirements:
- You possess a Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Psychology or Industrial Design and a Masters Degree in Ergonomics or equivalent.
- You have experience in User Interface design and Human Factors testing. Experience in Aerospace is an asset.
- You should have an excellent understanding of Human Factors Standards (Mil STD, SAE ARP, ISO, etc) including systems user interface design, automation principles, verification and validation methods, human reliability and safety requirements with preference to those with knowledge in Part 25/525 Human Factors certification process.
- Experience with 25.1302 certification is an asset.
- Excellent oral presentation and technical writing skills in English are required (French is an asset).
- You shall also have the ability to work without supervision, be organized, a team player, a self-motivated person, be Customer focused, and be able to work under pressure.
- You must also show initiative, innovation, leadership, a strong sense of responsibility and integrity, adaptability, have good negotiation, interpersonal communication and coaching skills, and have a excellent technical judgment.
Bombardier Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.
Whether your candidacy is moving on to the next step of the hiring process or not, we will keep you informed by email or by phone. Join us at careers.bombardier.com
Your ideas move people.
Job: Mechanical Engineering
Primary Location: CA-QC-Montreal St. Laurent
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 10.01.2013, 8:09:33 AM
Job Segments: Engineer, Aerospace Engineering, Aerospace, Mechanical Engineer, Technical Writer, Engineering, Aviation, Technology