Simulation & Test Integrator
Date: May 4, 2013
Location: Montreal St. Laurent, QC, CA
the evolution of mobility
At Bombardier Aerospace, 33,600 employees in 25 countries work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we'll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
We have immediate openings for junior to intermediate level Technical Coordinators in the Global 7000/8000 Simulation & Test organization. The candidates will report to the Manager of the group and will be a key member of a Toronto based team coordinating and monitoring the design and build of Bombardier test articles for the Global 7000/8000 program.
In your role, you will:
- Represent the Simulation & Test organization as a member of the Integrated Product Development Team (IPDT), Project Planning and Control (PP&C) reviews, Bombardier Program Office reviews, and all Cost Planning reviews involving the experimental build and test aspects of the project as they relate to the overall Business Case.
- Participate in the review, release and implementation of Flight Test and Ground Technical Requirements Documents (TRDs) and Preliminary Schedules & Estimates.
- Schedule, assign, and monitor all tasks related to the Ground and Flight Test activity of the aircraft development and build.
- Prepare and ensure compliance to Work Share statements for implementation of flight test installations during aircraft design, build, and testing by the program Structural and System partners.
- Coordinate and manage the Work Package review and approval of Flight and Ground Test Engineering designs and Supplier interface dwgs that require System and Stress engineering approvals to support the experimental build.
- Assist in ensuring accurate records with respect to configuration control and traceability of documentation as per Experimental requirements and procedures.
- Establish/improve existing Simulation & Test procedures and guidelines to ensure efficient operation of the department within Bombardier, as well as involvement in developing new procedures necessary in coordinating activities with outside Partners/Suppliers.
- Assistance in resolving technical and contractual issues between Simulation & Test, Bombardier Core Work Package groups, BAEX Bombardier Experimental group (in Montreal), and Bombardier Flight Test Center - Wichita, and Partners/Suppliers. Coordinate with other parties to ensure compatibility of design and test requirements.
As our ideal candidate,
- You hold a post secondary Technical degree from an accredited institution along with relevant experience in aircraft systems design and have participated in the operations of an aircraft test facility.
- You possess a minimum of 5 years experience with aircraft design and manufacturing, preferably on previous Bombardier project developments.
- Knowledge and experience with Project Management and experimental design activities is preferred.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills are required.
- A thorough working knowledge of integrated aircraft build, and ability to liaise with a wide variety of people within, and outside the company.
- Knowledge and experience of coordinating and controlling interface information with partners, for all necessary structural and system components for the assigned partner work packages.
- A key aspect of the job requirement will be the ability to work under minimum supervision, and frequently at off-site international locations.
- Travel is required
- Toronto based candidates must be able to accept an assignment of up to one year at our Montreal site for the purposes of the Joint Definition Phase of the Program.
Bombardier Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.
Whether your candidacy is moving on to the next step of the hiring process or not, we will keep you informed by email or by phone. Join us at careers.bombardier.com
Your ideas move people.
Job: Test Engineering
Primary Location: CA-QC-Montreal St. Laurent
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 22.02.2013, 10:09:16 AM
Job Segments: Engineer, Product Development, Aerospace, Testing, Facilities, Engineering, Research, Aviation, Technology, Operations