Professional Engineering - Structural Test
Date: Mar 27, 2014
Location Montreal St. Laurent, QC, CA
the evolution of mobility
At Bombardier Aerospace, 33,600 employees in 25 countries work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we'll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
The Experimental Engineering department (BAEX) is responsible to plan, execute and provide test results in support to all Bombardier Aerospace products ground testing requirements.
In your role, you will;
- Coordinate, prepare and perform mechanical and structural testing on coupons, sub-components or components of the airframe to support product development, certification and in-service issues.
- Write test plans, test reports and procedure documents.
- Provide test status to supervision and Integration teams.
- Work closely with Shop, Quality Control and Stress Engineering functions to progress testing per agreed plan.
As our ideal candidate
- You hold a College or Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering and have a minimum of three (3) years of relevant experience in structural or lab testing with load machines (tension, compression and fatigue), preferably in the aerospace industry
- You have experience with load control systems (Instron. MTS, FCS or alike), data acquisition systems and instrumentation
- You are familiar with international standards such as ASTM, ISO, AMS, SACMA, etc, and if possible, with typical military and/or aerospace industry standards such as MIL specs, Federal, etc
- You have good knowledge of aircraft structure
- You are able to work with minimum supervision and perform testing within a very tight schedule environment
- You have strong communication skills both in English (written, spoken) and French (spoken)
- You are a strong team player, meticulous and well organized
- You are willing to work outside the regular working hours, if required, to support testing and meet schedule requirement related to certification, production and in-service issues
- You are proficient in Microsoft Office and Matlab
Whether your candidacy is moving on to the next step of the hiring process or not, we will keep you informed by email or by phone. Join us at careers.bombardier.com
Your ideas move people.
Job: Test Engineering
Primary Location: CA-QC-Montreal St. Laurent
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 14.04.2014, 1:49:23 PM
Job Segment: Engineer, Structural Engineer, Product Development, Test Engineer, Aerospace Engineering, Engineering, Research