Section Chief Integration Flight Test Aircraft Outfitting
Date: May 18, 2013
Location: Montreal St. Laurent, QC, CA
the evolution of mobility
At Bombardier Aerospace, 33,600 employees in 25 countries work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
As the Section Chief, you will manage the project and Integration team responsible for the coordination of activities to design, instrument and install the experimental systems on board the flight test aircrafts of Bombardier Aerospace’s new development programs. Your office will be in the BAEX experimental building located at Plant 1 in Saint-Laurent.
Your responsibilities as Section Chief will include the following:
- Direct and support your project team so to coordinate, resolve roadblocks and follow-up on deliverables progression of the Bombardier Experimental group and Suppliers within their mandate to outfit the Flight test aircrafts. Your team will also play an integration role in compiling the instrumentation requirements from the various workpackages, issue workshare responsibility matrix and ensure integration of the technical requirements to design the experimental systems
- Organize and participate with your team in the program reviews and updates including PDR, CDR, JDP, DDP and S
- Establish priorities and set objectives for your team through your governance and the Performance Management Program.
- Carry out resource and budget planning.
- Implement initiatives to acquire needed talent.
- Ensure the training and development of team members.
- Implement continuous improvement initiatives related to your function.
The candidate will meet the following requirements:
- You have a bachelor’s degree in engineering or administration combined with ten (10) years of experience in project management, including two (2) years in team supervision.
- Experience in the aerospace engineering and large scale project management rallying multi-site partners is mandatory.
- Experience in aerospace experimental engineering, instrumentation and flight testing are key assets for this position.
- You are known for your leadership, your sense of responsibility, and you have demonstrated excellent communications, project management, resource management and problem solving skills.
- You are practical and enjoy working in a team environment.
Bombardier Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.
Whether your candidacy is moving on to the next step of the hiring process or not, we will keep you informed by email or by phone. Join us at careers.bombardier.com
Your ideas move people.
Job: General Management
Primary Location: CA-QC-Montreal St. Laurent
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 17.05.2013, 3:33:24 PM
Job Segments: Engineer, Instrumentation, Aerospace, Testing, Aerospace Engineering, Engineering, Aviation, Technology