Supervisor, Methods and Logistics - Flight Test Aircraft Outfitting
Date: Oct 9, 2013
Location: Montreal St. Laurent, QC, CA
the evolution of mobility
At Bombardier Aerospace, 33,600 employees in 25 countries work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
As Supervisor, you will manage the method and logistic team responsible for the experimental installations planning and build harmonization for the flight test aircraft of Bombardier Aerospace’s new development programs. Your office will be in the BAEX experimental building located at Plant 1 in Saint-Laurent.
Your team will be in charge of producing the process sheets and assembly instructions, harmonizing the build activities and parts logistics for the experimental installations and instrumentation of flight test aircrafts.
You will have the opportunity to be involved in the development phases of Bombardier Aerospace new products, such as the CSeries and Global 7000/8000.
In your role, you will;
- Be achieving the operational results of your team, such as the Methods and Logistics deliverables.
- Set the objectives for the team by using the Performance Management Program.
- Implement the required talent acquisition and deployment. to Mirabel for C series support.
- Ensure team members’ training and development.
- Implement and follow up on the continuous improvement initiatives.
- Maintain a partnership and harmonized work relationships with the Experimental manufacturing shop and Engineering group.
- Establish and deploy the operational strategies.
- Support the team in solving problems and eliminate roadblocks together with the team.
- Act as a culture change agent supporting Achieving Excellence and the company values.
- Organize various team meetings.
- Set and respect the operation budget.
As our ideal candidate,
- You have eight year of experience in resource and operation management in the aerospace fields of method and logistics.
- You are known for your leadership, your sense of responsibility, and you have demonstrated excellent communications, project management, resource management and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of aircraft manufacturing method, planning, logistics, flight test aircraft installations and Bombardier Aerospace manufacturing processes are definitive asset to this position.
- You are focused on results and you demonstrate negotiating skills.
- Verbal and written bilingualism is essential.
Bombardier Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.
Whether your candidacy is moving on to the next step of the hiring process or not, we will keep you informed by email or by phone. Join us at careers.bombardier.com
Your ideas move people.
Job: Methods Engineer
Primary Location: CA-QC-Montreal St. Laurent
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 15.11.2013, 12:35:14 PM
Job Segments: Manager, Logistics, Engineer, Instrumentation, Testing, Management, Operations, Engineering, Technology