Field Service Representative
Date: Feb 17, 2014
Location: Montreal St. Laurent, QC, CA
To assist our operators to utilize our products in a safe, efficient and economic manner by providing prompt responsible solutions to their technical problems.
The Technical Support Representative reports directly to his Supervisor in the Specialized and Amphibious Aircraft division.
In your role, you will;
- Provide technical support representation on a 40 hours a week basis but may be called for AOG situations outside the normal working hours and/or weekends
- Provide a focal point for all technical correspondence and phone calls
- Provide timely responses to customers technical queries and if required redirects requests to other supporting departments
- Maintain daily contact with Customers and Field Service Representatives when applicable
- Alert management of customer issues of dissatisfaction, extreme sensitivity or urgency, negative trends, significant organizational changes, safety, etc..
- Assign priorities, actions and distributes incoming technical queries including of Service Difficulty Reports
- Maintain technical proficiency of the aircraft and products to support the aircraft
- Represent Technical Support Supervisor in their absence or as requested
- Prepare for management, responses for Customers to reply to formal correspondence
- Travel to operators as Technical Specialist as required
- Ensure the BA Code of Ethics and Business Conduct is followed.
The work performed has a direct effect on the Customer's perception of Bombardier 's capability of supporting their responsibilities, which ultimately will affect our product sales.
As our ideal candidate,
- You have an A.M.E. license or an Engineering Degree/Diploma or equivalent qualification with a minimum of five (5) years experience working in the aircraft maintenance or customer support environment.
- You have a good all around knowledge of aircraft systems mainly electrical and avionic.
- You have the knowledge to be the focal for the group for all avionics and electrical activities
Example: NAV, COM, FDR, CVR Radar, Auto-Pilot etc
- You have experience with the use of Personal Computers and all soft wares used by BBD.
- Example: Lotus Notes, Word, Excel and Power Point
- You are willing to be available in short notice for travel
- You have resourcefulness, self-sufficiency with good organizational skills
- You have the ability to travel on an international basis
- You have excellent communications skills both verbally & written (French and English)
- You are able conduct On the Job Training sessions
- You may be called to work "hand's on" as an Aircraft Technician to assist AMO operations, customers or be part of an MRP for Customers
Bombardier Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.
Whether your candidacy is moving on to the next step of the hiring process or not, we will keep you informed by email or by phone. Join us at careers.bombardier.com
Your ideas move people.
Job: Technical/Customer Support
Primary Location: CA-QC-Montreal St. Laurent
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 16.01.2014, 11:16:22 AM
Job Segments: Maintenance, Engineer, Electrical, Customer Service Representative, Outside Sales, Manufacturing, Engineering, Customer Service, Sales