Date: Jul 27, 2014
Location: Moose Jaw, SK, CA
Bombardier Aerospace, Military Aviation Training (MAT), a world leader in providing integrated military training solutions, requires a highly motivated professional to become part of the Contracts Team supporting one of the world's best pilot training with the NATO Flying Training in Canada program at 15 Wing Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan.
This position is located in Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan.
As a Contracts Administrator, the incumbent shall be expected to negotiate and administer major contracts and subcontracts, as well as coordinate and develop business relationships with internal departments and perform specialized functions in customer and supplier support.
General responsibilities will include:
Ø Negotiate and administer supplier and subcontract agreements for aircraft, training, software and facility services support, identifying business risks and potential solution and synthesizing complex discussions;
Ø Monitor performance and deliverables to customers and by suppliers;
Ø Ensure the flow down of and respect for prime contract terms & conditions into the subcontracts;
Ø Liaise with internal and external customers; anticipate customer needs and requirements; investigate the root causes and identify long and short term solutions; anticipate, resolve, and manage conflicts;
Ø Ensure adherence to ISO quality procedures; as well as Canadian Government procurement policies and compliance with ITAR (US) and Controlled Goods Regulations (Canada);
Ø Coordinate contracts and subcontractor performance review meetings; and
Ø Draft, edit and control contractual correspondence and documentation; maintain excellent records, document and file management.
The ideal candidate meets these requirements:
- Completion of a Bachelor of Law or Bachelor of Commerce / Administration.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in contract administration and/or negotiation; Strong preference would be given to an applicant who gained their contract related experience within the aerospace industry;
- Knowledge of Canadian government or standard industry terms and conditions;
- Knowledge of ISO standards and quality control management;
- Knowledge of export control requirements an asset;
- Computer literacy in a variety of software environments with database experience an asset;
- Proven ability to negotiate and administer with government and major subcontractors.
Other Required Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent writing skills (particularly in contracts and proposal writing) and excellent oral communication and active listening skills;
- Well-developed interpersonal skills in the contexts of teamwork, influence, persuasion, coaching and mentoring;
- Strong analytical abilities;
- Proven documentation habits and careful attention to detail;
- Project management experience would be considered a strong asset.
- Candidate must successfully pass a security evaluation per the requirements of the Controlled Goods Directorate of Canada. Eligibility for the position is dependent upon Bombardier being able to obtain all necessary re-transfer authorization in compliance with US ITAR regulations.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Bombardier Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.
Job: Contract Administration
Primary Location: CA-SK-Moose Jaw
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 30.05.2014, 9:28:06 AM
Job Segment: Aerospace, QC, Pre-Sales, Proposal Writer, Aviation, Quality, Sales