GBTS Instructor - Pool of Candidates - Apply today!
Date: Oct 9, 2013
Location: Moose Jaw, SK, CA
Bombardier Aerospace, Military Aviation Training (MAT), a world leader in providing integrated military training solutions, requires a highly motivated professional to become part of the Bombardier team supporting one of the world's best pilot training with the NFTC Flying Training in Canada program at 15 Wing Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan.
Bombardier is recruiting for its immediate and future needs for "Ground School/FTD (Flight Training Device) Instructor", to be part of our Bombardier, Military Aviation Training Team.
Job openings are available in the Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan. Be proactive and come on board!
The incumbent will be responsible for providing ground school and FTD instruction to Canadian Forces and foreign student pilots in the operation of the Hawker Beechcraft and Hawk 115 aircraft for the NFTC (NATO Flying Training in Canada) Program.
In your role, you will be asked to:
- Provide simulator instruction on the Harvard II and/or Hawk 115 Flight Training Device (FTD) to military student pilots in accordance with the NFTC Integrated Training Plan (ITP) and Canadian Forces (CF) approved instructional techniques.
- Majority of FTD instructors are also required to develop specific expertise in one of the many Academic subjects associated with Military Pilot Training in order to create and deliver academic lectures in support of the NFTC Training program.
- Participate in the development, implementation and maintenance of multi-media learning systems, computer based training modules, academic courseware and FTD mission scenarios.
- Participate in the development, establishment or enhancement of an on site ground training facilities at Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan or Cold Lake, Alberta.
- Research and prepare Statements of Requirements (SOR) for future work to upgrade or enhance GBTS.
- Review contractor submissions or Statements of Work (SOW) to ensure they meet future requirements.
- Provide Subject Matter Experts (SME) input to any department within the NFTC organization for services relating to GBTS.
- Provide SME input BI MAT training initiatives, domestic and foreign, and be prepared to deploy for periods of short duration in support of these activities.
The ideal candidate meets these requirements:
- Formal training in instructional techniques;
- Military flight training.
- Qualified Flying Instructor (QFI), preference given to A2 level and above.
- Military pilot background, operational experience desirable;
- FTD instructors to have fixed wing flight instruction and simulator experience, fast jet experience desirable;
- Significant experience in developing and delivering pilot training.
Other required training or skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English language, (French would be an asset);
- Experience with computers and information systems (computer literacy a must);
- Experience with authoring and amending multi-media instructional courseware an asset.
Candidate must successfully pass a security evaluation per the requirements of the Controlled Goods Directorate of Canada and to Bombardier being able to obtain all necessary re-transfer authorization in compliance with US ITAR regulations.
Does your vision of the future include the challenges that Bombardier can offer you? If so, come join our team!
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Bombardier Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.
Job: Instructor Pilot
Primary Location: CA-SK-Moose Jaw
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 12.11.2013, 10:54:21 AM
Job Segments: Information Systems, Aerospace, Research, Aviation, Multimedia, Technology, Creative