Ground Based Training (GBTS) Instructor
Date: Oct 3, 2015
Location: Moose Jaw, SK, CA
- Provide simulator instruction on the Harvard II and/or Hawk 115 Flight Training Device (FTD) to military student pilots in accordance with the applicable NFTC Training Plan and Canadian Forces approved instructional techniques.
- The majority of FTD instructors are also required to develop specific expertise in one of the many Academic subjects associated with Military Pilot Training in order to create and deliver academic lectures in support of the NFTC training program.
- Successful applicants will be required to develop and maintain a comprehensive knowledge of specific Aircraft Operating Instructions, applicable Standard Manoeuvre Manual and NFTC pilot training syllabi.
- Upon completion of training, employment is predicated on successful completion of a Department of National Defence Standards Evaluation by Central Flying School (CFS) in the assigned FTD.
- Qualification as an Academic instructor also requires evaluation by CFS.
Other GBTS Instructor duties may include:
- Participate in the development, implementation and maintenance of multi-media learning systems, computer based training modules, academic courseware and FTD mission scenarios.
- Participate in the development, establishment or enhancement of on site ground training facilities at Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan or Cold Lake, Alberta.
- Research and prepare Statements of Requirement for future work to upgrade or enhance GBTS.
- Review contractor submissions or Statements of Work to ensure they meet future requirements.
- Provide Subject Matter Expert (SME) input to any department within the NFTC organization for services relating to GBTS.
- Provide SME input to other BMAT training initiatives, domestic and foreign, and be prepared to deploy for periods of short duration in support of these activities.
- Participate and support the Bombardier Achieving Excellence System.
- Some travel may be required.
- Previous Military fixed wing pilot experience.
- Previous Military flying instructional experience.
- Simulator or FTD experience.
- Qualified Flying Instructor, preference given to A2 level and above.
- Military fast-jet operational experience.
- Formal training in Instructional Techniques.
- Experience with authoring and amending multi-media instructional courseware.
- Verbal French second language skills.
- Must be able to function credibly in a leadership role with minimum supervision.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in the English language.
- Strong Computer skills and experience with computer information systems.
Note: As a condition of employment, successful candidates must be eligible and able to obtain and maintain the required levels of Security and International Trade and Arms Restriction (ITAR) Clearances.
Job: Instructor Pilot
Primary Location: CA-SK-Moose Jaw
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 06.01.2015, 3:01:18 PM
Job Segment: Training, Information Systems, Aerospace, Multimedia, Operations, Technology, Aviation, Research, Creative