Project Coordinator - (4 positions available)
Date: May 22, 2013
the evolution of mobility
At Bombardier Aerospace, 33,600 employees in 25 countries work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we'll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
Job openings are available in the various Montreal areas, such as Mirabel, Saint-Laurent and Dorval.
As a Project Coordinator you will coordinate and actively participate in the development and implementation of new processes and business practices. Based on the overall business needs, you will define project requirements and objectives.
As a Project Scheduler you will be responsible for maintaining and reporting on integration and harmonization of individual project schedules into the Integrated Portfolio.
As a Project Coordinator / Project Scheduler, you may be required to:
- Facilitate the identification and analysis of project and/or program stakeholders;
- Develop and evaluate plans to achieve project objectives and goals while maintaining and updating schedules;
- Work within the Program Schedule Management System ("EPM") to capture and monitor cross-functional milestones and deliverables to provide the right level of Program visibility on each project;
- Plan and lead cross-functional schedule harmonization activities and create links to multiple schedules;
- Participate in reviews with the functions to assess schedule progress, schedule risk and ensure commitments are being achieved;
- Enable project initiative scoping and business priority settings;
- Conduct special case studies (i.e. financial impacts, projections, schedules, etc.) and prepare recommendations;
- Coordinate projects, focusing on the overall profitability;
- Track overall project and program budget;
- Ensure roadblocks are identified and escalated appropriately;
- Ability to identify and communicate issues and risks;
- Understand the value of quantitative risk assessments;
- Ability to develop and deploy risk management;
- Manage project priorities with the cross functional teams;
- Document, develop and improve the processes we wish to introduce based on best industry practices;
- Harmonize the implementation of engineering changes or assembly strategies by working in close collaboration with Engineering, Parts Logistics, Quality and Production;
- Evaluate and adapt to project needs;
- Coordinate Change Management;
- Create reports to present progress on important events and keep track of actions and deliverables according to project objectives;
- Develop and implement control mechanisms to capture costs (labor, material and other direct costs) and monitor project requirements and progress;
- Produce metrics & information packages to support monthly program reviews;
- Communicate effectively with all levels, including customers, Managers, Directors and Vice Presidents;
Opportunities are available in the following areas:
- Program Office: Manage the overall program objectives;
- Product Development/Engineering: Manage development deliverables with internal and external stakeholders;
- Operations/Methods: Management and follow up of schedules and activities. Responsible for technical and enhancement projects;
- Customer Services and Support: Based on overall program objectives you can manage and coordinate deliverables required in order to meet customer services and support objectives;
As our ideal candidate,
- You have a university degree in a related field in Engineering, Administration or college degree combined with relevant professional experience;
- You have a minimum of two (2) years of relevant experience;
- You possess a PMP certification (an asset);
- You have experience in an aerospace and/or manufacturing company (an asset);
- You are proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint);
- You have excellent knowledge of MS Project and EPM (Enterprise Project Management);
- You have good analytical, planning, and problem solving skills;
- You are a self-starter and are able to handle multiple initiatives effectively;
- You take ownership of issues that are impacting initiatives under your mandate and are results oriented;
- You must have a sense of organization, time management and you demonstrate autonomy;
- You have demonstrated leadership skills and creativity in problem solving while working in a team based environment;
- You have proven capability to build and maintain professional relationships by demonstrating strong communication skills;
- You have the ability to communicate effectively across functions, work packages and programs;
- You possess communications skills in English and/or French, written and spoken.
Bombardier Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.
Whether your candidacy is moving on to the next step of the hiring process or not, we will keep you informed by email or by phone. Join us at careers.bombardier.com
Your ideas move people.
Job: Project/Program Management
Primary Location: CA-Quebec
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 13.11.2012, 4:54:48 PM
Job Segments: Engineer, Risk Management, Program Manager, Project Manager, Product Development, Engineering, Finance, Management, Technology, Research