Date: Aug 4, 2014
Your ideas move people.
At Bombardier 65,400 employees in 23 countries work together to move people forward around the globe, one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we'll provide the environment where it will grow into a great product or an exceptional customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
To satisfy our growing operations and upcoming projects, we are looking for Project Directors across Canada.
You will be responsible for the leadership and direction of a Project Management team. This includes supporting the Bid Team for Project Management and interfacing as needed with the customer bid functions and /or external parties. You will also lead and manage the whole project life cycle from Notice To Proceed (NTP) to Warranty in line with organizational processes and practices including responsibility for delivering high integrity safety critical products on time, to quality and with correct financial performance.
In your role as a Project Director, you will:
- Directly manage project team, including project managers, project administrators, project engineering, schedulers, administrative support personnel and other personnel as necessary to execute the projects on time and within budget;
- Establish and manage schedules, plans and budgets consistent with the proposed project financial goals as required for project management, engineering, procurement, manufacturing, shipment, collections, billings, installation, start-up, training, warranty, documentation, subcontracts and purchases and all other project activities required to achieve positive project results;
- Develop and implement plans to improve project results beyond established budgets and results;
- Monitor, control and report monthly all financial aspects of the projects consistent with the contract requirements and established project management procedures to attain established goals;
- Monitor, recommend, and initiate when necessary, changes to or corrective actions for commercial issues, product design, manufacturing and/or services to assure compliance with contract requirements, and to maintain or improve projects performances;
- Promote, monitor and maintain a high level of satisfaction. To the fullest extent possible, anticipate and satisfy the customer's needs, while operating within established policies, procedures and commercial guidelines.
As our ideal candidate, you possess:
- A Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Business Administration;
- 7 to 10 years of project management experience combined with a minimum of 2 years in project direction,
- Experience in project management within a manufacturing environment;
- Experience in relationship management with external customers, including contract negotiations;
- Experience in developing and administering resource plans, budgets and in understanding financial results;
- A recognized PMP designation (asset);
- Excellent English communication skills (written and spoken).
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Bombardier Transportation is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.
Job: Project/Program Management
Primary Location: Canada
Other Locations:CA-BC-Vancouver, CA-ON-Ottawa, CA-QC-St-Bruno, CA-Alberta, CA-ON-Thunder Bay, CA-ON-Kingston, CA-ON-Toronto - Downtown
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 04.03.2014, 9:20:07 AM
Job Segment: Program Manager, Manager, Administrative Assistant, Relationship Manager, Management, Administrative, Customer Service