Date: Oct 9, 2013
Your ideas move people.
At Bombardier 65,400 employees in 23 countries work together to move people forward around the globe, one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we'll provide the environment where it will grow into a great product or an exceptional customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
To satisfy our growing operations and upcoming projects, we are looking for Project Managers across Canada.
Reporting to the Project Director, you will manage the relationship with the customer, participate in the development of the project plan as well as participate in the direction and management of the project execution. This will include working at the customer site; monitoring and controlling the project results as well as closing the project. You will work in close collaboration with the Project Managers and all team members from all manufacturing sites.
In your role as a Project Manager, you will:
- Ensure flawless execution of project activities in close collaboration with all other departments and sites;
- Establish and maintain customer interfaces to promote, monitor and maintain a high level of customer satisfaction;
- Anticipate and satisfy the customer's needs, while operating within established policies, procedures and commercial guidelines;
- Coordinate, with the customer, all contract actions, correspondences, and documentation;
- Provide primary interface with the customer to assure customer compliance with the contract requirements, and where necessary, coordinate preparation of claims and lead the negotiations for contract changes or additions while maintaining positive customer relations;
- Develop and implement plans to improve project results beyond established budgets and results;
- Support all PM Processes, Risk and Opportunity Management, Change Management, Contractual Obligation Management, Project Improvement Management and Gate Reviews;
- Assist in the development and update of the Detailed Project Schedule;
- Monitor, control, and report monthly all financial, schedule, and scope aspects of the project;
- Monitor, recommend, and initiate changes or corrective actions for commercial issues, product design, manufacturing and services to assure compliance with contract requirements, and to maintain or improve project performance;
- Provide input, leadership and help to coordinate the preparation and negotiation of proposals for new business opportunities.
As our ideal candidate, you possess:
- A Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Business Administration;
- 5 to 7 years of project management experience;
- Experience within a multi-site manufacturing environment;
- Experience in relationship management with external customers, including contract negotiations;
- Experience in developing and administering resource plans, budgets and in understanding financial results;
- A recognized PMP designation (asset);
- Excellent English communication skills (written and spoken).
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Bombardier Transportation is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.
Job: Project/Program Management
Primary Location: Canada
Other Locations:CA-BC-Vancouver, CA-ON-Ottawa, CA-QC-St-Bruno, CA-Alberta, CA-ON-Thunder Bay, CA-ON-Kingston, CA-ON-Toronto - Downtown
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 16.07.2013, 11:59:35 AM
Job Segments: Project Manager, Engineer, Manager, Program Manager, Relationship Manager, Technology, Engineering, Management, Customer Service