Bid Manager Wayside Systems (m/f)
Date: Apr 29, 2017
Location: Rome, LAZ, IT
Bid Manager Wayside Systems (m/f)
Bombardier Transportation, a global leader in rail technology, offers the broadest portfolio in the rail industry and delivers innovative products and services that set new standards in sustainable mobility. BOMBARDIER ECO4 technologies – built on the four cornerstones of energy, efficiency, economy and ecology – conserve energy, protect the environment and help to improve total train performance. Bombardier Transportation is headquartered in Berlin, Germany, and has a very diverse customer base with products or services in more than 60 countries. It has an installed base of over 100,000 vehicles worldwide.
Bombardier Transportation is one of the most important manufacturers of rolling stock in Italy and is involved in some of the country’s most important rail projects; Trenitalia’s various types of electric locomotives- including the E464 which is the largest single line in the Trenitalia fleet (more than 700 vehicles). The group employs some 800 people in Italy. 600 people are located in Vado Ligure, the plant set up in 1905 where close to 2,000 locomotives have been manufactured to date. 200 people work at its engineering centre in Rome, dedicated to the development of rail control solutions, signalling equipment and rail traffic management systems.
For our RCS Division in Rome, we are currently looking to recruit a Bid Manager Wayside Systems
The Bid Manager is in charge of coordinating the complete Bid Process for complex Wayside System projects (including all trackside signalling, telecommunication and power systems and electromechanical equipment) under the supervision of the site Bid Coordinator. He/she will be responsible to deliver in time, in quality and with the appropriate internal approvals the most competitive offer to the final customer. Also, he/she will have full responsibility in the bid preparation from the moment the opportunity is handed over by the Sales Manager, until the final bid is submitted to the customer.
- Be able to complete a full bid approval process with the aid of the various functions (finance, procurement, contracts, execution strategy, benchmarking, etc.) to obtain a Mandate
- Plan and coordinate all tasks related to the Bid Team
- Make sure all involved functions are collaborating in a structured and consistent manner
- Coordinate all documents/actions/meetings related to internal approvals (Blue Book)
- Support Bid Coordinator and Sales function in managing interfaces related to the final customer, partners or designated suppliers
- Submit final bid deliverables as per tender specifications and according to mandates, fulfilling the appropriate time and quality standards
- The Bid Manager will be responsible to plan all the tasks related to the ad-hoc bid team assigned
- Transfer successful order to the Project Management team
- Develop Lesson Learned reports and best practices
- Educational background: Engineering Degree is a must; Master Degree in Engineering is a plus
- Minimum 1 year experience in signalling or in international bid management in complex projects
- Basic knowledge of business financials; business management experience
- Project management knowledge would be a plus
- Language skills: Fluency in English, French or Spanish is a plus
- Ability to effectively coordinate internal and external partners
- Problem solving skills
- Good communication and influencing skills
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to a dynamic business environment
Are you interested in starting an exciting career at Bombardier Transportation? If so, apply now at www.careers.bombardier.com and start your dynamic career today!
Your ideas move people.
Job: Business Development
Primary Location: IT-LAZ-Rome
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 28.04.2017, 9:19:36 AM
29.05.2017, 3:59:00 PM
Job Segment: Telecom, Telecommunications, Business Development, Engineer, Manager, Technology, Sales, Engineering, Management