Sales Engineer - Be proactive and apply today!
Date: Apr 8, 2014
the evolution of mobility
At Bombardier Aerospace, 33,600 employees in 25 countries work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
Sales Engineering supports Bombardier Business Aircraft sales worldwide by providing potential customers with the technical product analyses they need to make their purchase decision.
Sales Engineering has an immediate need for a flexible and experienced individual that will expand the group's expertise on Bombardier and competitor aircraft and will be involved in promoting Bombardier's leading portfolio of business aircraft consisting of Learjets, Challengers and Globals.
As a Sales Engineer we will ask you to:
- Identify technical advantages of our products with respect to the competition, through market monitoring and interaction with different internal stakeholders (sales, flight operations, customer support, etc.) and customers
- Demonstrate the quantitative benefits and value of our products as relevant to the context of a specific customer. This will be accomplished by preparing complex technical analyses on Bombardier and competitor aircraft
These analyses will cover several aspects of aircraft design and operations, such as:
- Takeoff and mission performance
- Flight operations, regulations, airworthiness
- Systems and avionics
- Weight and balance
- Aircraft interiors
- Operating costs
- Explain the analyses to the team, and present the case to the end customers (flight departments, aircraft operators or actual end users)
- Identify potential sales opportunities, and develop argumentation to demonstrate which product is right for a potential customer, based on his needs
- Support trade shows and events by being the technical product expert
- Constantly challenge existing tools and propose new ways to prepare and present the analyses to the end customers (tablets, etc)
- Support the development of future business aircraft with the knowledge gathered through contact with customers and operators
The ideal candidate meets these requirements:
- University Engineering degree, preferably in aerospace or mechanical engineering
- A MBA would be an asset
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in the aerospace industry, preferably on Bombardier products
- Recognized aircraft expertise, in one or more of the following disciplines: aircraft performance and operations, systems, avionics, interiors
- Solid knowledge of industry trends and competitor activity, and a passion for aviation
- Experience in a marketing or sales environment is a plus
- Superior analytical and communication skills: ability to synthesize complex analyses in simple, high impact statements
- Demonstrated rigor and attention to detail
- Understanding of the various Bombardier Engineering disciplines and tools is an asset
- A pilot or mechanic license is an asset
- Team spirit, commitment, professionalism and innovation are qualities required to excel in this position
- You are fluent in English (written and oral). French and other languages are assets
- This position may require occasional travel to gather aircraft intelligence and present analyses
Key expectations and benefits:
- You are able to multi-task, and prioritize work
- You will gain valuable experience and knowledge in all aspects of aircraft operations, from performance to systems to interior - how our customers use their aircraft, what they like about them, what they think should be improved
- You will have visibility and exposure to Bombardier Aerospace Management and customers at all levels
- Initially, you will receive training on all product lines and develop your communication skills.
Bombardier Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.
Whether your candidacy is moving on to the next step of the hiring process or not, we will keep you informed by email or by phone. Join us at careers.bombardier.com
Your ideas move people.
Primary Location: CA-Quebec
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 11.11.2013, 1:49:58 PM
Job Segment: Sales Engineer, Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Aerospace Engineering, Sales, Engineering