Structural Design Engineer (11 positions available)
Date: May 26, 2013
the evolution of mobility
At Bombardier Aerospace, 33,600 employees in 25 countries work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we'll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
Job openings are available in the various Montreal areas, such as Mirabel, Saint-Laurent and Dorval.
Opportunities are available as:
- Structural Designer
- Structural Integrator
As a Structural Designer, you may be required to:
- Create 3D airframe definition from concept to production of the primary and secondary structural components and systems installation components, such that it meets applicable airworthiness regulations and industry design best practices
- Continuously provide engineering support to manufacturing
- Create 2D drawing with integrated working instructions.
As a Structural Integrator, you may be required to:
- Participate in the design and control of major interfaces between Structural Suppliers.
- Monitor, support and provide guidance to the Structural Supplier to ensure quality and timely documentation is delivered.
- Ensure and implement the interaction between the internal stakeholder and the Structural Suppliers
- Understand and coordinate with the Structural Supplier the impact analysis and subsequent design changes that may occur.
- Participate and assist in the coordination of Certification activities
- Provide clear visibility to management of the status and/or emerging issues related to the supported activities.
In your role, you will be required to integrate or/and design:
- System installation
As our ideal candidate,
- You hold a College degree or a University degree in Mechanical Engineering or in Aerospace Engineering;
- You have a minimum of five (5) year of relevant design experience (for Structural Integrator);
- You have Project Management skills (for Structural Integrator);
- You also have experience with Knowledge Based Engineering (KBE);
- You have experience in an aerospace manufacturing company (an asset for junior position and a requirement for senior position);
- You have knowledge with airworthiness certification (an asset);
- You are proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, Catia V5 and Enovia. Autocad is an asset.
- You have strong communication skills (written and spoken).
Bombardier Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.
Whether your candidacy is moving on to the next step of the hiring process or not, we will keep you informed by email or by phone. Join us at careers.bombardier.com
Your ideas move people.
Primary Location: CA-Quebec
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 07.06.2012, 8:33:22 AM
Job Segments: Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Structural Engineer, Design Engineer, Aerospace Engineering, Engineering