Supply Chain - Strategic Sourcing Agent/Specialist (21 positions available)
Date: May 3, 2013
the evolution of mobility
At Bombardier Aerospace, 33,600 employees in 25 countries work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we'll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
As a Supply Chain Strategic Sourcing Agent your responsibilities could include: sourcing of potential suppliers, developing and maintaining supplier relationships, determining the right supply base and negotiating contracts and business requirements while optimizing the total acquisition cost. You may also be responsible for the administration of commercial agreements with our suppliers and the implementation of optimization projects in a product family environment. Candidates will be working closely with various Engineering, Operations, Logistics, Finance and Supply Chain departments where developments of these relationships are a key success factor.
As a Supply Chain Strategic Sourcing Specialist your responsibilities could include all of the responsibilities above. In addition you will be considered the focal for each product family. You will provide support, coach and mentor the Strategic Sourcing Agents in their negotiations as well as lead the most complex negotiations.
Opportunities are available in the following areas:
- Development and implementation of sourcing strategies and cost optimization opportunities by product families. Negotiation and contract management.
- Management for future program development, focusing on quality and execution, while working with an Integrated Program Development Team.
In your role, you will:
- Gain a thorough understanding of the market for the product family and have a solid comprehension of suppliers capabilities, their positioning in the market, and their strategies;
- Develop product family strategies in line with business requirements and objectives for new and sustaining programs;
- Identify, analyze and realize cost optimization opportunities;
- Negotiate contracts, commercial agreements and product changes, as well as amend contracts;
- Ensure contracts are maintained in accordance to our business requirements;
- Plan and analyze business needs and provide recommendations to key internal stakeholders using governance and reporting tools (e.g. Key Performance Indicator KPI).
As our ideal candidate,
- You hold a bachelor's degree in Commerce, Administration and/or have extensive experience in strategic sourcing;
- You have a minimum of two (2) to ten (10) years of relevant experience in supply chain/strategic sourcing;
- You have experience in the aerospace industry and/or manufacturing environment (asset);
- You have solid negotiation experience;
- You understand legal terminology; ability to draft clauses would be considered (asset);
- You have knowledge and experience in project management, operations and financial management;
- You hold an APICS certification (asset);
- You have demonstrated strong communication abilities, are results oriented and a team player;
- You are proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project) and experience using SAP (asset);
- You have strong language skills in French and in English, written and spoken.
Bombardier Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.
Whether your candidacy is moving on to the next step of the hiring process or not, we will keep you informed by email or by phone. Join us at careers.bombardier.com
Your ideas move people.
Job: Procurement & Global Sourcing
Primary Location: CA-Quebec
Job Posting: 05.10.2012, 9:05:17 AM
Job Segments: Supply Chain, Strategic Sourcing, Supply, Engineer, ERP, Operations, Engineering, Technology