Technical Publications - Be proactive and apply today!
Date: May 21, 2013
Your ideas move people
At Bombardier Aerospace, 33,000 employees in 19 countries work together to move people forward around the globe-one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we'll provide the environment where it will grow into a great product or an exceptional customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
Job openings are available in the various Montreal areas, such as Mirabel, Saint-Laurent and Dorval.
Opportunities are available in the following areas of Technical Publications:
- Technical Writer - Maintenance documentation
- Technical Writer - Flight and Operational documentation - Service Bulletin
- Application Specialist
- Responsible for the definition and production of the Maintenance, Flight or Operational data for the related publications;
- Represent Technical Publications within the Integrated Product Development Team in all phases of the Engineering product development activities;
- Produce program and Technical Publications deliverables as per departmental schedule;
- Define standards and requirements for creation, and for distribution of documentation in an electronic format as per S1000D specification;
- Develop the program procedures documentation related to the production of the publications;
- Do research and establish contact with the airline industry in order to benchmark the publications requirements for the program;
- Participate in the development and update of the detailed planning for the publications preparation;
- Prepare the Technical Publications training documentation related to its publications;
- Provide training related to its publications to Suppliers and Services provider;
- Coordinate and define publications bookplan with internal and external suppliers;
- Identify, evaluate and define the action plans and schedules to minimize risks to completion of the publications according to the program requirements.
As our ideal candidate,
- You hold a college diploma in aerospace or equivalent field, combined with a minimum of (5) years relevant experience in Technical Publications.
- You have Structural Repair and Non Destructive Testing technical knowledge (a strong asset).
- You understand the operations and maintenance of overhead lines;
- You have a detailed understanding of Technical Publications processes and technologies;
- You must have a good understanding of ATA 100 and ATA 2200 system;
- You have basic understanding of S1000D specifications;
- You have good knowledge of SGML and XML authoring languages;
- You are proficient with Microsoft office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Projects…), Lotus Notes and SAP;
- You have a previous experience in product development (an important asset);
- You have knowledge and experience in any Bombardier Customer Services and Support or Bombardier Engineering System area (an asset).
- You have strong communication skills (written and spoken).
Whether your candidacy is moving on to the next step of the hiring process or not, we will keep you informed by email or with a phone call.
Bombardier Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.
Job: Technical Publications
Primary Location: CA-Quebec
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 06.07.2011, 9:40:29 AM
Job Segments: Engineer, ERP, Developer, SAP, XML, Engineering, Technology