HSE Expert and Field Support Specialist (m/f)
Date: May 10, 2017
Location: Vado Ligure, LIG, IT
Bombardier Transportation, a global leader in rail technology, offers the broadest portfolio in the rail industry and delivers innovative products and services that set new standards in sustainable mobility. BOMBARDIER ECO4 technologies – built on the four cornerstones of energy, efficiency, economy and ecology – conserve energy, protect the environment and help to improve total train performance. Bombardier Transportation is headquartered in Berlin, Germany, and has a very diverse customer base with products or services in more than 60 countries. It has an installed base of over 100,000 vehicles worldwide.
Bombardier Transportation is one of the most important manufacturers of rolling stock in Italy and is involved in some of the country’s most important rail projects; Trenitalia’s various types of electric locomotives- including the E464 which is the largest single line in the Trenitalia fleet (more than 700 vehicles). The group employs some 800 people in Italy. 600 people are located in Vado Ligure, the plant set up in 1905 where close to 2,000 locomotives have been manufactured to date. 200 people work at its engineering centre in Rome, dedicated to the development of rail control solutions, signaling equipment and rail traffic management systems.
For our main site located in Vado Ligure, we are currently looking to recruit an HSE Expert/Field Support Specialist to oversee HSE aspects in our external depots located in different parts of Italy – fixed-term contract for 12 months
The main purpose of the role is to be an effective coach and a promoter of the HSE culture for Bombardier Transportation staff in external depots. The HSE Expert shall leverage and extend his/her ‘Health, Safety and Environment’ knowledge through personal participation in Bombardier expert pools as part of the deployment of the company HSE Strategy.
The HSE Expert will be a focal point for the continuous improvement of the HSE standards, performance and capability of Bombardier staff in external depots, in line with the Bombardier programs (Safety - No exception Campaign). He/she will spend time on the shop floor and act as a role model for ensuring compliance with and commitment to the Bombardier HSE Policy, Directives, Rules & Procedures.
In addition to this, he/she will also support all external depots Bombardier staff in managing special driving licenses for locomotives and the Depots Responsible in the waste management system.
- Support the planned HSE activities, managing all the organizational aspects;
- Contribute to the HSE management system (according to ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 norms) and lead the improvement of processes and performances;
- Manage HSE topics required by law for activities performed outside the Vado Ligure site with sub-suppliers and customers (DUVRI);
- Manage the special locomotives driver’s licenses for the BT agents;
- Coordinate and manage the HSE and technical training programs, from the organization to the deployment phase;
- Carry out HSE internal audits as well as accident and near misses investigation driving all the other involved functions;
- Drive the HSE reporting process: collect, analyze and support open points resolution in external sites.
- Bachelor Degree in a technical or scientific track
- HSE related training and knowledge of Italian HSE legislation
- Good Italian and English language skills
- Ideally 5-7 years of relevant experience
- Background in Railway industry or other mechanical or electrical manufacturing industry
- Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team
- Very good communication and influencing skills (including coaching and engaging other functions)
- Availability for frequent travel
Are you interested in starting an exciting career at Bombardier Transportation? If so, apply now at www.careers.bombardier.com and start your dynamic career today!
Your ideas move people.
Job: Health and Safety Engineer
Primary Location: IT-LIG-Vado Ligure
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 13.03.2017, 2:43:12 AM
Job Segment: Field Service, Electrical, Engineer, Sustainability, Compliance, Manufacturing, Engineering, Energy, Legal