Remember to note the ID Number (TAPA-INHY01206056) of the position you wish to apply for. It will assist you later in your application process. Thank you!
Systems Engineer - Mechanical
Date: Jul 30, 2017
Location: Hyderabad, AP, IN
Description:Systems Engineer - Mechanical-TAPA-INHY01206056
Systems Engineer – Mechanical
Bombardier Transportation is the number one provider of rail solutions in the world. Our business holds the number one global market position in eight of the ten markets we service. Our product portfolio includes a full range of passenger rail vehicles and we manufacture locomotives, bogies, propulsion and rail control solutions.
At Bombardier, 70,000 employees in 60 countries work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we'll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
Purpose of the Job
The team provides full lifecycle mechanical systems engineering for new Passenger rail vehicles. Responsibilities extend to interface management, supplier development and customer liaison. Typical systems for which the team take design authority: Gangways, Couplers, Seats, Sanitary, Catering, Windows systems.
The Subsystem Engineer specifies and manage integration of subsystems to fulfil the stakeholder requirements. He / She designs, analyzes, specifies, tests and demonstrates engineering solutions that solve complex requirements. He / She performs design assignments requiring initiative, resourcefulness and design experience and provides advice and guidance to other engineers or designers or drafters.
· Defines all requirements for his/hers systems while taking into account customer contract, bid description, vehicle requirements, standards and additional requirements of authorities and operational requirements. Ensure designs are compliant to customer and legislative requirements. Including design review, design assurance statements, system testing, first article inspections, clause by clause responses to requirements.
· Creates the concept documents describing the system concept for a project/bid
· Evaluates suppliers’ proposals and benchmarks with other projects
· Manage technical response from system suppliers, via technical requirements documentation, interface documentation, deliverables lists, type testing, manuals, strategic development, building relations.
· Assist our sub-suppliers in the design process. Use experience to offer design solutions and where a practical solution cannot be found revisit requirements and find compromise for all stakeholders.
· Is responsible of all aspects of the Systems, their sub-functions, subsystems including technical specification, reliability, maintenance and performance. Ensure successful integration into the vehicle, from concept to finished product.
Qualifications & Functional Knowledge
Minimum Engineering Bachelor degree or similar
Previous experience with mechanical engineering design as system engineer or Integration.
Primary Location: IN-AP-Hyderabad
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 29.07.2017, 8:35:56 PM
29.08.2017, 4:59:00 AM
Nearest Major Market:
Nearest Secondary Market:
Job Segment: Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Systems Engineer, Engineering